HDIUK 3m Portable Air conditioner Exhaust duct hose extension kit, Increase the length of your existing flexible hose
- Buy New: $49.99
as of 4/17/2014 12:01 EDT details
- Seller:HDIUK (Stateside)
- Sales Rank:17,264
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.4
- Dimensions (in):22 x 9 x 4
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Easily extend the length of your existing AC Unit exhaust duct
- Now you can use the AC unit where you need it. Extension hose supplied is flexible and strong and heat resistant upto 158 degrees F
- Provides an extension to the existing hose. Designed with a wider diameter to accomodate the faster flow of air needed over the extended length
- Easy to attach to existing hose with supplied duct tape and reduction ring adaptor Your existing hose should be at least 5 inches in diameter
- Specially manufactured. High quality PVC Ducting with metal reinforcment.
NOTE that this is an Extending kit and not suitable for replacement of a lost vent hose. Easily add an additional Three metres (9.84feet) to an existing portable Air conditioner vent hose. Simply attach the specially manufactured wider 150mm 6inch hose to your existing 125/130mm 5inch hose using the heat resistant white PVC duct tape supplied. Note that the extension hose is supplied is larger to allow for the increased length and correct ventilation of hot air. High quality White PVC Duct hose supplied is specially manufactured to resist leaking heat back into the room and is extra flexible to allow for versatility. Image is for illustration of hose type that can be extended. Always Consult your AC unit users guide for Venting information.
Q, Why is the hose supplied larger that the one I have?
A, If you added an extra three metres to your AC unit duxt and did not increase the diameter, the motor in the AC unit would not be able to expel the hot air fast enough and would overheat.
Q, Why is the hose supplied more flexible that the original Duct that came with the AC Unit?
A, Adding three metres of Duct with the same tough semi rigid plastic pipe supplied would be heavy and also in most cases difficult to position. The added flexability allows for easy placment where you most need the cooler.
Q, Doesnt the think PVC tube supplied just get hot and reheat the room?
A, Absolutely not, The amount of hot air expelled from the room is far greater than any heat that is radiated back from the warm pipe.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.