Norpro 370 Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher
- List Price:
- Buy New: $15.74
as of 11/27/2014 12:25 EST details
- You Save: $4.25 (21%)
- Seller:John & Jennie’s Kitchen "Family Owned Since 1987"
- Sales Rank:4,144
- Color:as shown
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):1.5 x 2 x 3
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Crumbs fall neatly into a removable catcher
- Generous slicing surface accommodates any size loaf
- Handsome hardwood crumb catcher steadies the unit and protects counters and tabletops
- Acrylic slicing guides ensure uniform slices
- Easy cleanup, simply dump the crumbs from the crumb catcher and wipe down the crumb catcher and slicing guide
Slice bread without the mess. The crumb catcher eliminates the mess. Achieve uniform slices using the acrylic slicing guide. The bread slicer is easy to assembly, clean and maintain.
This is an adequate no-frills manual bread slicer, and adequate is the operative word. The crumb catcher eliminates messes, making this slicer a much cleaner option than slicing bread on a cutting board. Also, you can achieve uniform 1/2-inch slices; the only caveat is that you can't adjust the slicer to cut any thicker or thinner. Use your longest serrated knife when cutting, because a knife that just barely spans the width of the slicing tray will keep slipping out of the acrylic slicing guides. The guides have no top support and tend to wobble a bit as you slice. They also have inexplicably high sides; you'd have to use triple the leavening to make bread that reaches the top of them. Despite its design limitations, the Norpro deluxe bread slicer is easy to assemble and maintain and has an attractive overall look. --Carol Gnojewski
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.