Teach Yourself to Play Electronic Keyboard
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.54
as of 10/20/2014 14:27 EDT details
- You Save: $6.41 (54%)
- Seller:Media Universe
- Sales Rank:221,024
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):11.9 x 8.9 x 0.2
- Publication Date:November 1, 1987
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Contributors: Morton Manus, Willard A. Palmer, and Thomas PalmerSeries: Teach Yourself SeriesInstrument: Electronic KeyboardPage count: 80ISBN: 0882846809
Learn to play the electronic keyboard and open up a brand new world of musical knowledge with this exciting method from Alfred. Beginners of all ages can start their journey to a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Beginning with the fundamentals, you will learn about MIDI, position at the keyboard, preparing your instrument for use, and proper hand position. You will then move right along to learning about the different keys on the keyboard and basics of standard musical notation. You will immediately dive into playing notes and transforming them into well-known songs, all while continuing to increase your ever-growing knowledge of reading and understanding standard musical notation and keyboard functions. Throughout the book, you will be introduced to a variety of styles, including pop, rock, country, blues, classics, folk favorites, hymns, spirituals and ragtime and upon completion you will know how to use chord symbols to play from pop sheet music, fake books and lead sheets. This book is for keyboards with automatic rhythms and single-finger chords.
The book features the following helpful resources for reference during and after your lessons:
* Explanation of the Circle of 5ths
* Improvising techniques
* Exciting arrangements of The Entertainer , Amazing Grace , and many more.
Be your own teacher, and let Alfred be your resource every step of the way.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.