PG Tips Black Tea, Pyramid Tea Bags, 160Count Boxes (Pack of 4)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $29.49
as of 10/22/2014 08:14 EDT details
- You Save: $30.39 (51%)
- Seller:Topstore UK
- Sales Rank:26,805
- Number Of Items:4
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):11 x 9 x 7.2
- Legal Disclaimer:best by 10-13
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Pack of four, 160-count box of PG Tips Black Tea
- England's number one tea
- Made from the highest quality and most flavorful top two leaves and bud of the tea plant
- Pyramid shaped teabag acts like a miniature teapot, giving the leaves more room to move
- Harvested from tea grown in Ceylon in Kenya
Founded in 1869 by Arthur Brook, developed his own quality blends mixing together various estate teas. This ensured a more consistent quality because, as with any crop, the characteristics of a consignment can vary according to climate, time of year and general growing conditions. In 1930 PG Tips was launched in the UK as a loose leaf tea in soft packs. It was originally called Pre-Gest-Tee" but soon abbreviated by grocers and van salesmen as PG. The company adopted the official name and added 'tips' to highlight that PG takes only the top two leaves and a bud to make its tea. PG Tips is a popular British blend of the finest Assam, Ceylon and Kenyan teas which produces a rich and refreshing flavor. The definitive traditional English tea. The PG Tips pyramid tea bag gives the tea leaves more room to move around than a flat conventional tea bag. So the tea bag works like a miniature tea pot. This allows for all the freshness to be released for the best tasting cup of PG.
A Smashing Cup of Tea
The Brits go bonkers over PG Tips--known internationally for their revitalizing, tasty and timeless black teas, PG Tips is loved the world over and nowhere more than in Britain where 35 million cups of PG Tips are consumed each day.
Why is PG Tips England’s #1 tea? It’s the taste, of course. PG Tips uses only the highest quality and most flavorful top two leaves and bud off the tea plant. PG Tips flavorful black tea is harvested from the finest tips of tea plants grown in Ceylon and Kenya, providing you a quality tea with exceptional taste. All you need to do is pop the kettle on and enjoy the outstanding taste of PG Tips black tea.
The PG Tips Story
1869 - The first brew
Arthur Brooke opens his first shop in Manchester and its success lays in his sale of reliable tea blends. His big break comes in the late 1870s when a grocer asks for a bulk order of tea at wholesale prices.
1930s - The pre-digestive era
Arthur Brooke launches in the UK tea market under the name of 'Pre-Gest-Tea'. Grocers abbreviate it to PG, and the company adds 'tips' to highlight the fact that PG uses the top two leaves and a bud to make its tea.
1960 - It's in the bag
The makers of PG Tips introduce the tea bag to a stunned nation. They catch on quickly and soon, tea bags out-sell loose-leaf tea.
1996 - The 8th wonder of the world
The makers of PG Tips launch the revolutionary PG Tips pyramid bags. With more room inside, it acts like a miniature teapot, giving the leaves more room to move.
2008 - Green leaves
PG Tips joins forces with the Rainforest Alliance to ensure PG Tips tea suppliers meet their high sustainability standards.
| ||Tea and Health Facts |
- Scientific studies have linked drinking tea to the maintenance of certain normal healthy body functions, such as hydration, focus, and alertness.
- Tea naturally contains zero calories, therefore, when it is used in place of higher calorie beverages as part of a healthy diet, it can help with weight control.
- In addition, regular tea drinking may help maintain cardiovascular health as part of a diet that is consistent with dietary guidelines.
- Research suggests that drinking 2 to 3 cups per day of black or green tea helps maintain healthy blood vessel function.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.