Grassfed Organic Ghee 7.8 Oz - Pure Indian Foods(R) Brand
- Buy New: $15.95 (On sale from $16.95)
as of 12/25/2014 23:02 EST details
- Seller:Pure Indian Foods
- Sales Rank:768
- Size:Single Pack
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):2.8 x 2.8 x 3.5
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Grassfed & USDA Certified 100% Organic - Made in USA.
- Gourmet quality - Made from non-homogenized cow's milk from springtime thru the fall.
- Handcrafted by The Agarwal Family that has been in the ghee business for 5-generations, since 1889.
- Recommended by doctors, nutritionists, naturopaths, chiropractors, and Ayurveda professionals.
- To get the freshest product, make sure you are purchasing from Pure Indian Foods. We don't have any authorized resellers.
Ghee is prepared by melting and simmering butter until all the water evaporates and the milk solids settle at the bottom. The remaining butter oil is very stable, giving it a high smoke point which makes it an excellent choice to use for frying and sautéing and it can be stored without refrigeration for up to a year. Organic Ghee is rich in nutrients, including healthy fat soluble vitamins which aid in the absorption of nutrients in the foods. Ghee contains naturally occurring CLA, Vitamins A, D & K. Per Ayurveda, cow ghee is one of the most sacred foods.
During the clarification process, milk solids are removed, leaving the healthy butter fats behind. Small, trace amounts of casein and lactose can possibly remain in the ghee, but unless a person is extremely sensitive, consuming ghee will be fine, even if dairy is not.
Ghee does not contain milk solids, which gives it a very high smoke point (~485 °F). Because it is very stable at high heat, it is considered one of the best oils for baking, sautéing and deep fat frying. When you sauté or fry with butter, milk solids can burn causing an unpleasant odor, appearance and taste. Also, there is no hissing, popping or splattering when you use ghee. It also has a sweet aroma and actually becomes richer in flavor as well.
Ghee does not contain harmful trans-fats which can cause heart disease and many other serious health problems.
Well-prepared ghee is very shelf-stable because it has low moisture content. Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 months. In the refrigerator, it can last up to a year.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.