Heavy Rain - Greatest Hits
- Category:Video Games
- List Price:
- Buy New: $21.99
as of 1/31/2015 06:02 EST details
- You Save: $8.00 (27%)
- Seller:KDD Merchandise
- Sales Rank:8,480
- Languages:English (Unknown), French (Manual), English (Manual)
- Platform:PlayStation 3
- Media:Video Game
- Number Of Items:1
- Operating System:PlayStation 3
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1
- Dimensions (in):5.7 x 6.7 x 0.6
- Publication Date:January 31, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- A PlayStation 3 exclusive featuring accessible gameplay via intuitive, contextual controls and interface.
- An evolving action adventure thriller featuring mature content, reflecting a realistic world setting and powerful themes
- Four playable characters that allows you to continue playing as one of the other characters if your initial character is killed.
- Savable chapters that allow you to replay the actions of the past, while maintaining the continuity of the events of earlier chapters.
- Stunning graphics, animation and technology support an emotionally driven experience.
Experience a gripping psychological crime thriller filled with innumerable twists and turns, where even the smallest actions and choices can cause dramatic consequences. The hunt is on for the Origami Killer, named after his calling card of leaving folded paper shapes on victims. Four characters, each with their own motives, take part in a desperate attempt to stop the killer from claiming a new victim.
| Heavy Rain is an interactive, single player, action adventure game in which every decision players make influences the evolution of a desperate quest to catch a deadly killer poised to strike again. Featuring a complex and dark storyline meant for mature audiences, the game is a PlayStation 3 exclusive featuring a variety of possible endings, advanced crime scene analysis, replayable chapters, four playable characters and the ability to continue play as remaining characters in the event of your current character's death. Story |
How far will you go to save someone you love? In Heavy Rain each player discovers their own answer to this question as they experience a gripping psychological thriller filled with innumerable twists and turns, where choices and actions can and do result in dramatic consequences. Spanning four days of mystery and suspense, the hunt is on for a murderer known only as the Origami Killer - named after his macabre calling card of leaving behind folded paper shapes at crime scenes. Even more chilling is the fiend's well established pattern of killing his victims four days after abducting them. The public is gripped with fear as the police seem powerless to stop the carnage, and another potential victim — Shaun Mars — has gone missing. Now four characters, each following their own leads and with their own motives, must take part in a desperate attempt to prevent the killer from taking yet another life.
| Discover how far you will go to protect a loved one as you join the search for the Origami Killer. |
Heavy Rain is a single player, action/adventure game with a particularly strong emphasis on a player-influenced storyline as a means of facilitating the evolution of action towards one of many possible conclusions. The game features four playable characters: a father, a photographer, a FBI agent with a special skill set and a retired cop turned private detective. Each have different paths, means and motives to ending the reign of terror that the Origami Killer has imposed on their city. As players follow the path laid before their character of choice, they are able to explore, interact with and view their surroundings in a variety of ways using their controller's left and right sticks. At crucial times players are given a series of choices relating to how to proceed in various situations, with the outcome of these choices revealing both benefits and consequences. Benefits can be important to progressing through the game, while possible consequences can in turn pose a very real danger to characters, including death. But unlike other games, and because Heavy Rain features four playable characters that exist independently of each other, yet simultaneously within the same the story arc, this does not end the game. Players are instead able to play as one of the other available characters, with appropriate changes to possible outcomes due to the absence of the deceased character(s). Key Game Features
- An evolving action-adventure thriller in which you shape the story with every decision you make.
- Action built around four playable characters that allows you to continue playing as one of the other characters if your initial character is killed.
- Savable chapters that allow you to replay the actions of the past, while maintaining the continuity of the events begun in earlier chapters.
- Mature content reflecting a realistic world setting that explores powerful themes.
- Stunning graphics, animation and technology that support an emotionally driven experience.
- Accessible gameplay via intuitive, contextual controls and interface.
4 unique playable characters.
Advanced crime scene analysis.
Story influencing actions.
| || |
Stunning graphics quality.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.