Sound City [Blu-ray]
- List Price:
- Buy New: $14.43
as of 2/28/2015 01:19 EST details
- You Save: $10.55 (42%)
- Sales Rank:15,802
- Format:Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, NTSC, Widescreen
- Languages:Italian (Subtitled), English (Subtitled), Dutch (Subtitled), French (Subtitled), German (Subtitled), Japanese (Subtitled), Portuguese (Subtitled), Spanish (Subtitled), English (Original Language)
- Number Of Discs:1
- Running Time:147 Minutes
- Rating:NR (Not Rated)
- Aspect Ratio:1.78:1
- Picture Format:Widescreen
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):6.5 x 5.3 x 0.3
- Publication Date:March 12, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Brand Name: Ingram Entertainment Mfg#: 887654589798
- Shipping Weight: 0.37 lbs
- Genre: MUSIC VIDEO/PERFORMANCE
- All music products are properly licensed and guaranteed authentic.
SOUND CITY, the film, was conceived by Grohl after purchasing the legendary custom-built Neve 8028 recording console from Sound City Studios last year. The board, built in 1972, is considered by many to be the crown jewel of analog recording equipment, having recorded such artists as Neil Young, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Guns and Roses, Metallica, NIN, Rage Against The Machine and countless other musical legends over the past 40 years.
Grohl's personal connection to Sound City began with the 1991 recording of Nirvana's breakthrough album, Nevermind. Selling over 30 million copies worldwide, Nevermind changed the entire musical landscape and forever altered the course of Dave Grohl's life.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.