West of Memphis: Voices for Justice
- List Price:
- Buy New: $0.80
as of 3/7/2014 07:19 EST details
- You Save: $11.18 (93%)
- Sales Rank:58,317
- Language:English (Unknown)
- Media:Audio CD
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):5.5 x 5 x 0.3
- Publication Date:2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Record Label: Legacy
- Catalog#: 88765 430822
- Country Of Release: NLD
- Year Of Release: 2013
- Notes: .. For Justice
- Henry Rollins (feat. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis original score) - Damien Echols Death Row Letter Year 9
- Natalie Maines - Mother
- Lucinda Williams - Joy
- Camp Freddy - The Jean Genie
- Tonto's Giant Nuts feat. Johnny Depp & Bruce Witkin - Little Lion Man
- Marilyn Manson - You're So Vain
- Band of Horses - Dumpster World (Live)
- Citizen Cope - DFW
- Eddie Vedder - Satellite
- Bill Carter - Anything Made of Paper
- The White Buffalo - House of Pain
- Bob Dylan - Ring Them Bells
- Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - West of Memphis Score Suite
- Tonto's Giant Nuts feat. Johnny Depp (feat. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis original score) - Damien Echols Death Row Letter Year 16
- Patti Smith - Wing (Recorded Live at Voices For Justice Benefit Concert - August 28, 2010) (Bonus Track)
"You never know how much you need music until you don't have it." -Damien Echols, Life After Death
West of Memphis: Voices for Justice is music from and inspired by West of Memphis, the documentary film written and directed by Academy Award nominated filmmaker, Amy Berg and produced by Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh (the Lord of the Rings triology), Damien Echols and Lorri Davis. West of Memphis tells the untold story behind an extraordinary and desperate fight to bring the truth to light; a fight to stop the State of Arkansas from killing an innocent man.
The avalanche of emotions experienced after seeing West Of Memphis or learning of the West Memphis 3 case quickly leads to perhaps the most primal impulse of all: "Act. Do something. Do anything."
It's in this spirit that West of Memphis: Voices For Justice has been created. In every instance, the artists involved have made the decision about which song they felt reflected their personal feelings about the case. There's a connection between the music and the man remaining at its center, Damien Echols.
Longtime personal supporters, Henry Rollins and Johnny Depp each lend their voices to read excerpts from Damien Echols' letters from death row recited over the breathtaking Nick Cave / Warren Ellis score featured in the film.
Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks, chose to include a hauntingly beautiful cover of Pink Floyd's "Mother." "Satellite" by Eddie Vedder was written for Lorri Davis, Damien Echols' wife, as part of a collection of songs Eddie recorded for the couple in 2000.
Artists such as Lucinda Williams, Band of Horses, Patti Smith, Citizen Cope, Tonto's Giant Nuts featuring Johnny Depp and others each have particular stories behind the songs that represent them on this collection.
Your purchase of this album will in part directly benefit the West Memphis 3.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.