The P2X Fury uses a high-efficiency, virtually failure-proof LED to deliver either 15 or 500 lumens of focused light, the latter qualifying the Fury as a pocket-sized searchlight. The 15-lumen level is excellent for general work at close-to-medium distances, and also extends the light's runtime. At either setting, the high-strength polymer micro-textured reflector delivers a smooth, comparatively wide beam with a brighter central area and generous peripheral light. The Fury is activated with a click-type tail cap switch, and the high-strength aerospace aluminum body is hard anodized to military specifications for extreme resistance to scratches, abrasion, and corrosion.
This powerful, compact light offers 500 lumens of brightness and fits in the palm of your hand.
- Ruggedly durable LED emitter regulated to maximize light output and runtime
- Two output levels; high for maximum light, low for extended runtime
- Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
- Coated, tempered window resists impact and thermal shock, maximizes light transmission
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Dual-output tail cap click switch
- Tail cap switch locks out to prevent activation during transport or storage
- Weatherproof; O-ring and gasket-sealed
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with ten-year shelf life
- High setting puts out 500 lumens for 1.5 hours
- Low setting puts out 15 lumens for 46 hours
- 5.4-inch length
- 1.4-inch bezel diameter
- 5.7-ounce weight with batteries
- Runs on two 123A batteries (included)
Surefire lighting products include a limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
In 1969, Dr. John Matthews -- an engineer with a Ph.D. from Cal Tech -- founded the Newport Corporation to harness the power of laser light for industrial applications. Over the next decade, the Newport Corporation grew to become a leader in the field, pioneering a host of patented industrial uses for the laser. Dr. Matthews' later created and patented the first laser sight for law enforcement use with firearms, a market that became his primary focus. His newly formed subsidiary, Laser Products, eventually created the first weapon-mounted flashlight. The popularity of the SureFire WeaponLight, as it was called, led the company to rename itself SureFire, and focus on creating a host of rugged lights for tactical use, which continues to be the company's primary focus.