ThermoWorks Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen (Gray) Instant Read Digital Cooking Thermometer
- Department:mens, womens
- Buy New: $96.00
as of 1/25/2015 20:25 EST details
- Sales Rank:1,287
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0
- Warranty:The Thermapen includes a one-year limited warranty and guarantee against defects in either components or workmanship. The warranty does not cover fair wear and tear, abnormal use or storage, incorrect use, neglect, water damage, misapplication, modification, and abuse. ThermoWorks reserves the right to evaluate all warranty claims before any action is taken, and at its discretion may repair or replace without charge.
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- 3-second Super-Fast readings!
- Top rated by Cook's Magazine
- Splash-proof ergonomic design
- Range to 572 degrees F (300 degrees C)
- High accuracy better than 0.7 degrees F (0.4 degrees C)
The ThermoWorks Super-Fast Thermapen is a favorite among restaurant chains, health inspectors and quality managers worldwide. Hundreds of thousands are in use. The clever fold-away probe and the simple pocket design replace more costly and bulky handheld thermometers while using the same professional thermocouple technology. The Thermapen features a robust, splash-proof design with molded-in seals to protect the thermometer from wet hands and kitchen splashes. SPEED & ACCURACY - Even more accurate than before and slightly faster! Our proprietary circuit yields accuracies better than ±0.7°F. That includes all errors! (many competitors don't include the probe error in their spec.) Each unit comes with a NIST-Traceable certificate of calibration showing test results for the individual thermometer. Resolution is now 0.1° over the full range. Improvements in the probe technology now yield a blazing fast speed of 3 seconds to a full temperature reading. NO CABLES! The components most likely to fail in a commercial thermometer are the cable and its connector. Also, the typical handheld meter and probe combination requires two hands. What do you do with the cable when you're through with it? The competition want you to wrap it around the meter, which is time consuming and a natural trap for grime and bacteria! The one-handed Thermapen eliminates frayed cables, snags, germ traps and wasted time while freeing your second hand. SIMPLE OPERATION - Just open the probe and the Thermapen comes on. Close it and it shuts off. No buttons or switches to catch germs, confuse staff and cause errors. Configuration settings in the battery compartment allow management to easily set the Thermapen for C or F, read in tenths or whole degrees (0.1° or 1°), and disable the auto-off for continuous readings till the probe is closed. Although likely to never be needed, a calibration trim button fine-tunes the unit calibration at a single temperature such as an ice-bath.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.