With the Sony BDPBX39 Blu-ray Disc Player, enjoy all the same features as the Sony BDP-S390 along with the added benefit of an HDMI cable. Experience Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc playback1 and stream your favorites from Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, Hulu Plus and more2. Wirelessly stream movies, TV shows, music and more, for an ultimate movie watching experience. Easily navigate and control your entertainment experience with your iPad/iPhone, or compatible Android phone using the free Sony "Media remote" app3.
With built-in Wi-Fi, you can easily connect to the Internet through your home's wireless broadband network.
Sony Entertainment Network
With the Sony Entertainment Network, you can instantly stream a wide variety of online movies, videos, TV shows, and music from Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Hulu Plus and more.2
Make movies more stunning
Enjoy Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p and upscale the visual quality of DVDs.1
Sony Media Remote App
With the free Sony Media Remote app enjoy a full Qwerty keyboard and movie information search capabilities on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android phone or Sony Tablet.3
Multi-room music with Party Streaming Mode
With the Sony BDPBX39, you can wirelessly stream music throughout the home to Sony Wireless Network speakers.4
Quick Start/Quick Load
The BDPBX39 allows you to enjoy your movies within seconds with the Quick Start/Quick Load feature.
Life, easily shared
Bring your favorite videos, photos and music to your TV with the easy-access USB input.6
The Socialize feature allows you to "Socialize" what you watch over Facebook and Twitter while you watch TV.
Using DLNA you can wirelessly access music, videos and photos from your PC or other compatible Android device and stream them to your Blu-ray Disc Player6
Throw your music and photos
Photos and music from your Sony Tablet or other compatible Android device can be "thrown" directly to the BDPBX39 for enjoyment on your TV.7
Sound you can feel
Experience the highest sound quality with Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD codecs which reproduce high-definition sound with 7.1 channels of discrete audio for uncompromised quality.8
Learn more about your movies
Get detailed movie information and search across Internet apps, including YouTube and Video Unlimited for related entertainment with Gracenote.
Sony 2012 Blu-ray and Streaming Player Comparison
1. Requires compatible HDTV and HDMI cable sold separately *(exception: HDMI cable included with BDPBX39).
|Models: || |
BDPBX39* / BDP-S390
| || || || || |
|Universal Disc Playback ||✓ || |
|Built-in Wi-Fi1 |
| ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ |
|HD Audio Decoding 2 ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ || |
|Quick Start & Loading || ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ || |
|3D in Full HD 1080p3 || || ||✓ ||✓ || |
|2D to 3D Up Conversion4 || || ||✓ ||✓ || |
|Dual Core Processor || || || ||✓ || |
|HDMI Out (2)/ IR In || || || || ✓ || |
|4K Upscaling5 || || || ||✓ || |
|Super Bit Mapping || || || ||✓ || |
|Internet Video Content Noise Reduction || ||✓ ||✓ ||✓PRO || |
Stream & Control
| || || ||✓ || |
|Sony Entertainment Network1 ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ |
|Socialize || |
|✓ ||✓ || |
|Media Remote App 6 || ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ |
|DLNA7 || || ✓ || ✓ || ✓ || ✓ |
|Sony Wi-Fi Network Speaker Compatible8 || ||✓ ||✓ || |
|"Throw" Your Music and Photos9 || ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ || |
|Gracenote with Cross Search10 || ||✓ ||✓ ||✓ || |
|Skype on Your TV11 || || || ||✓ || |
2. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires an 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended).
3. Applications must be downloaded from the iTunes or Android application store. Check Android market from your device for compatibility. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
4. Requires Sony HomeShare compatible products and a home network.
5. Requires a home network with content stored on a DLNA compliant PC or server, and HomeShare network speaker, dock, or Blu-ray Disc player or home theater system. See dlna.org for compatibility.
6. Not all USB devices are supported. Please check Owner's Manual for compatibility.
7. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
8. Requires HDMI cable and LPCM capable receiver.