Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 4A Power Adapter (VIA VL812 Rev B2 Chipset and updated firmware v9081 with Linux, OS X, and Windows support and full USB 2.0 backwards compatibility)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $29.95
as of 4/18/2014 04:31 EDT details
- You Save: $60.04 (67%)
- Seller:Plugable Technologies
- Sales Rank:119
- Media:Personal Computers
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):7 x 2.8 x 1
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Expand by connecting up to 7 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux systems. Apple OS X Mac systems require latest OS X updates.
- Not compatible with Apple SuperDrive or other USB devices requiring more than 900mA (.9 Amp) USB 3.0 standards. Not compatible with most PCIe cards added to Mac Pro systems. Also not recommended for Raspberry Pi.
- Supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps. Backwards compatible with all USB 2.0/1.1 devices and hosts. Powerful 4A laptop-style power adapter with 6 foot cable. Hub is not a standalone charger.
- 7 per-port LEDs. Sleek black finish. All 7 ports on one side to minimize cable clutter.
Connect up to 7 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to a single port on any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer. Expand connectivity while preventing damage to sensitive built-in USB ports on systems with only one or two ports. Featuring the VIA VL812 Rev B2 USB 3.0 hub chipset for maximum compatibility and performance. Attractive, solid, compact design with per-port LEDs for diagnosing connectivity.
- Updated to firmware version 9081 for compatibility with all USB 3.0 hosts, including Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows 8 and earlier, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later.
- Apple SuperDrive not compatible. Older Mac Pros with USB 3.0 PCIe add-in cards do not work with this or any hub.
- Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0 and 2.0/1.1 hosts and devices.
- Requires no driver install (although individual devices will, as usual).
- 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
USB 3.0 data transfer rates up to 5Gbps allowing data to move quickly between devices. Ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters.
Power and Charging
Comes with premium 5V 4A power supply for supporting several devices requiring USB 3.0's more demanding 900mA per port power.
Functions as a USB hub only, not a standalone device charger: No special functionality for charging iPad, iPhone, or other tablet and smartphone devices with or without a PC.
In the box
USB 3.0 7-port Hub (VIA Hub Controller), 5V 4A AC desktop-style power adapter with 6+ foot hub to wall extension cord and 3 foot USB 3.0 Cable.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.