Plugable 7-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Hub with 20W Power Adapter (VIA VL812 Rev B2 Chipset with Latest v9091 Firmware. Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux support. Full USB 2.0 Backwards Compatibility.)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $29.95
as of 9/14/2014 22:19 EDT details
- You Save: $10.00 (25%)
- Seller:Plugable Technologies
- Sales Rank:168
- Media:Personal Computers
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):7 x 2.8 x 1
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Expand USB connectivity by connecting up to seven USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-swapped, supports USB over-current protection. Robust 5 volt 4 amp 20 watt power supply included.
- Compatible with most Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X, and Linux / Unix systems. Microsoft Windows systems should install latest manufacturer USB 3.0 host controller drivers and Windows Updates. Apple Mac OS X and Linux / Unix systems require latest operating system updates for best compatibility.
- Hub is not a standalone charger and will not charge phones or tablets. Apple notes: Note that some devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub. Not recommended for use with USB 3.0 PCI-e add-on cards for older Mac Pro systems because of limitations in their software support for USB 3.0 hubs.
- Supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps (640MBps) to allow data to move quickly between devices. Transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent. Ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters. Backwards compatible with all USB 2.0/1.1 devices and hosts. Powerful 5V 4A 20W UL certified laptop-style power adapter with 6+ foot cable.
- 7 blue LEDs, one per USB port. Sleek piano black glossy finish. All 7 ports on one side to minimize cable clutter and maximize accessibility.
Connect up to seven USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to a single port on any capable computer. Attractive piano black, solid feeling, compact design with 7 blue LEDs (one per USB port) for diagnosing connectivity.
Featuring the VIA VL812 Rev B2 USB 3.0 hub chipset updated to firmware version 9091 for maximum compatibility with almost all USB 3.0 hosts. Supports Microsoft Windows 8.1 through XP, Mac OS X, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later. Apple SuperDrive not compatible. Older Mac Pros with USB 3.0 PCI Express add-on cards do not work with this or any USB 3.0 hub. Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices. Not recommended for use with older Texas Instruments, Fresco Logic, Etron, or Wistron USB 3.0 host controllers. Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers). 2.4Ghz wireless devices such as wireless keyboard/mouse receivers, Bluetooth and WiFi adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting wireless devices to a USB 2.0 port is recommended for best results.
Power and Charging
Comes with premium 5V 4A 20W UL certified power supply for supporting several devices requiring USB 3.0's more demanding 900mA per port power. Functions as a USB hub only, not a standalone device charger: No special charging functionality for charging an iPad, iPhone, or other tablet and smartphone devices with or without a PC connected. Not BC 1.1 / 1.2 compatible.
In The Box
USB 3.0 7-port Hub (VIA Hub Controller), 5V 4A UL certified AC desktop-style power adapter with 6+ foot hub to wall extension cord and 3 foot USB 3.0 Cable.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.