This HDMI to VGA adapter is a convenient and cost-effective solution for connecting your computer to VGA monitors or projectors, or older TVs. The adapter connects to the VGA cable of your device (VGA cable not included) It features a built-in active IC chip that improves compatibility and delivers sharp picture quality.
Connect the male end of the adapter into your computer and the female end into the VGA-male cable of the device. Optionally, choose to "Mirror" your computer screen for a presentation on a projector or "Extend" your desktop to view more applications. Select the display settings for a Mac in the System Preferences and for Windows in the Control Panel.
* The VGA monitor or projector MUST support one of the resolutions listed below.
* This is NOT a bi-directional cable.
* Input/Output Signal: HDMI (Typ A) digital/VGA analog
* Supported Resolutions: 480i/480p/576i/576p/800x600/720i/720p/1280x1024/1600x1200/1080i/1080p
* Supports 165MHz/1.65Gbps per channel (6.75Gbps all channel) bandwidth for HDMI
* Supports analog video output up to 1600 x 1200 (UXGA) and 1080p with 10-bit DAC
* Vertical Frequency Range: 50/60Hz
* Audio Output: No
* HDCP Support: No
* Micro-USB Power: Optional
HDMI to VGA conversion may post compatibility problems under the following conditions:
* The HDMI source has different refresh rate than the VGA display
* The micro-USB power cable is required with the adapter for ChromeBook (made by Samsung) or Macbook Pro with Retina Display.