Victorinox Forged 3-Piece Chef's Set
- List Price:
- Buy New: $209.90
as of 8/27/2014 13:36 EDT details
- You Save: $47.50 (18%)
- Sales Rank:284,983
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):15.8 x 6.8 x 1.5
- Warranty:RH Forschner by Victorinox products are guaranteed to be free of defects in materials and workmanship.
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Includes 3-1/2-inch paring, 8-inch slicing, and 8-inch chef's
- High carbon stainless steel provides maximum sharpness and edge retention; ice tempered to sustain sharpness longer and give desired effect when re-sharpened
- Single-piece, full-tang construction; bolsterless edges for use of entire blades and ease of sharpening
- Triple rivet handles ergonomically designed to provide optimum weight, balance, and comfort; plastic over molded (POM) handles will hold shape and not crack or separate from blade
- Hand washing recommended; lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects; hot-drop forged in Germany, finished in Switzerland
The R H Forschner by Victorinox Slicing Knife features high carbon, stainless steel blade, hand finished at Victorinox in Switzerland by skilled craftsmen. A special tempering process is used to produce an edge that can be resharpened over and over again, so the knife can keep its original sharpness throughout the entire life of the blade. Victorinox handles are ergonomically designed to minimize wrist tension. They provide a natural fit. A good heft and comfortable, positive grip are indications of a well-made knife. A sure-grip handle with a finger guard is valuable feature since the handle inevitably gets greasy, wet, or both. Although cutlery steel is naturally sanitary, materials and construction details of the handle minimize crevices what would offer hospitality to bacteria.
Made in Switzerland, this set of three knives from R.H. Forschner by Victorinox makes an excellent gift for the home chef. The 3-1/2-inch paring knife adeptly manages most fruit and vegetable peeling, cutting, and garnishing; the 8-inch slicing knife carves the Thanksgiving turkey and other roasts; and the 8-inch chef's knife tackles a multitude of kitchen chopping, mincing, and slicing tasks. Unlike less expensive Forschner knives, which are stamped from a piece of steel, these are forged from high-carbon, no-stain steel with a full tang for superior strength and balance. The traditional three-rivet black synthetic handles are dishwasher-safe, although Forschner recommends washing all fine cutlery by hand. The set is covered with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects. --Ann Bieri
What's in the Box
3 knives: 3-1/2-inch paring; 8-inch slicing; 8-inch chef's.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.