3M 8511 Particulate Sanding N95 Respirator with Valve, 10-Pack
- Category:Home Improvement
- Department:Industrial & Scientific
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.99
as of 12/22/2013 01:15 EST details
- You Save: $6.00 (32%)
- Seller:Quality Tool Supply
- Sales Rank:165
- Media:Tools & Home Improvement
- Number Of Items:1
- Size:One size fits all.
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):5 x 8.5 x 9.5
- Manufacturer Parts Warranty:Parts
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Cool FlowValve reduces heat, moisture, and fogging
- Protects against certain non-oil-based products
- M-shaped nose clip for a comfortable fit
- No-tangle straps for ease of use
- Allows for easy breathability
3M Tekk Protection 10 Pack Respirator Cool Valve Filtering Facepiece Particulate Respirator N95 Lightweight Comfortable "M" Nose Clip Recommended For Sanding & Preparation Before Painting NIOSH Approved: N95
As one of the leading designers and manufacturers of respirators in the world, 3M provides products that address the needs of both workplace, regulated applications, and do-it-yourself/home-owner, non-regulated applications. For workplace uses, employees may be exposed to known concentrations of harmful contaminants for part or all of the workday. In these situations, respirators are intended to help protect the wearer by reducing their exposure to airborne contaminants from a level that may be hazardous to one that is considered safe or acceptable according to government established levels. In addition, home users cannot easily determine exposure levels nor do they have ready access to the type of training medical evaluation and fit testing needed to be in compliance with workplace respirator standards. In these situations, respirators are intended to help keep non-harmful dusts and certain particles out of your nose, mouth and lungs and with some filters help eliminate annoying odors only.
Maximum protection for your DIY project view larger
Protect your lungs while you sand view larger
This respirator is government approved by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) as an N95 class respirator and is designed for workplace, regulated uses and applications. NIOSH certification means the respirator has passed stringent government performance standards including filtration efficiency testing and provides at least 95% filtration efficiency solid and liquid particles that do not contain oil.
Use this respirator for particles such as those from grinding, sanding, sweeping, sawing, bagging or processing minerals, coal, iron ore, flour, metal, wood, pollen, and certain other substances. And for liquid or non-oil based particles from sprays that do not also emit oil aerosols or vapors.
- 1. Cup the respirator in your hand, with the nosepiece at your fingertips, allowing the headbands to hang freely below your hand.
- 2. Position the respirator under your chin with the nosepiece up. Pull the top strap over your head resting it high at the top back of your head. Pull the bottom strap over your head and position it around the neck below the ears.
- 3. Place your fingertips from both hands at the top of the metal nosepiece. Using two hands, mold the nose area to the shape of your nose by pushing inward while moving your fingertips down both sides of the nosepiece.
- 4. Perform a User Seal Check prior to each wearing. To check the respirator-to-face seal, place both hands completely over the respirator and inhale sharply. Be careful not to disturb the position of the respirator. A negative pressure should be felt inside the respirator. If air leaks around the nose, readjust the nosepiece. If air leaks at the respirator edges, work the straps back along the sides of your head.
Proper PPE should be worn when working with noxious materials
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.