110 Great Recipes From Your Backyard Garden and the Farmer's Market
- Sales Rank:484,526
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:December 7, 2013
FREE BONUS CHAPTER: 25 Healthy and Smoothie and Infused Water Recipes.
Buying seasonal produce is all the rage right now, and backyard gardens are popping up all over. But what do you do when you have 10 zucchinis sitting on your kitchen counter, or 100 cherry tomatoes ripening all at the same time? Eating when produce is in season is a great idea in theory, but it can get overwhelming when a crop all ripens in a short period of time. What to cook and keep everyone at the dinner table interested when you’re serving butternut squash for the third time this week?? Canning can help stretch out the season, but not everything cans well, and let’s face it - how many types of pickles do you need?
We’ve put together this book of tried and true, delicious recipes so you can confidently put some new dishes on your table, all the while celebrating the bounty of whatever is in season where you are.
• We’ve included our favorite canning recipes, and others are perfect for the freezer.
• This isn’t a vegetarian book – plenty of the recipes have meat in them.
• The Contents page is organized by produce type, so you can easily find a recipe for whatever you just picked up from the farmer’s market or your backyard garden.
• We’re not chefs. Just home cooks with a passion for great tasting food, so there are no hard recipes, or weird ingredients .
• The BEST zucchini bread recipe you’ll ever find! We’re not kidding – just ask all of the people we’ve given a loaf to over decades of baking.
Let's get cooking!
From the authors of the Kindle #1 bestseller: Christmas Gifts They'll Actually Like! 25 Easy, Homemade Gift Ideas - Plus Instructions
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.