Chia Seed Recipes: Nature's Ancient Seed Recipes for Health, Wellness and Weight-Loss (The Easy Recipe)
- Sales Rank:72,859
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:April 5, 2013
Salvia hispanica, commonly known as chia, is a species of flowering plant in the mint family.
Chia is an ancient seed that dates back to over 5000 years ago. Used in the diets of Aztecs, this seed was a main source of nutrition . The whole seed was used in daily meals, mixed with other food and emulsified with water as a fresh drink; ground to become flour as part of medicines; pressed to obtain oil and has even been used in cosmetic products as a healthy alternative for your skin.
Modern science has concluded that pre-colonial diets were by far better than those nowadays consumed in the same area, and chia, which survived only in small plots in steep mountain areas from the south of Mexico, Guatemala and Nicaragua, comes back five hundred years later to become again a protagonist of human nutrition.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Chia helps with weight loss without leaving you hungry
- Chia helps balance your blood sugar
- Chia helps prevent diverticulitis
- Chia has healthy omega-3 oils that are essential to your diet
- Chia will help you feel more energized all day long
- Chia allows you to bake with less fat
- Chia has age-defying anti-oxidants
- Chia will cut your cravings for over eating and unhealthy foods
- Chia adds a flavorful kick to bland foods
- Chia will save you money on groceries!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.