Backpacking Light: A Beginner's Guide to Ultralight Backpacking (Includes Nearly 200 Minimalist Hiking Tips)
- Sales Rank:60,880
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:April 3, 2013
Amazon Best Seller in the Mountaineering Category!
When rock climber Ray Jardine first published his seminal book on hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, he challenged some long-held beliefs about how backpacking should be done. Jardine's book, which outlined novel lightweight techniques for hiking 30 miles per day or farther, was quickly adopted as a manual for any long distance hike. This book gives an overview of backpacking light for beginners, plus nearly 200 tips and strategies for lightening your pack. Read inside Backpacking Light
Customer Reviews: "If you would like a few tips to make your pack lighter, just common sense stuff, this a handy little book."
- Why Ultralight?
- Less Stuff, More Fun
- Lightweight Backpack Choices
- Choose your Sleeping Shelter
- Lightweight Meals for the Trail
- Ultralight Accessories
- 3-Day Lightweight Backpacking Checklist
- Tips and Strategies for Ultralight Gear
- Eric Chapman"I enjoyed reading this lightweight backpacking guide. The first 7 chapters are informative, but the best part is saved for last--200 ultralight backpacking tips in the 8th chapter. I recommend reading this book."
Experienced backpackers say the difference between the ultralight way and traditional methods is like the difference between lugging heavy gear up a hill versus floating effortlessly down. Instead of fatigue and exhaustion at the end of a trip, they are excitedly planning where their next hike will be. Read Backpacking Light today to learn how to make your next trip more enjoyable!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.