#1 best-selling guide to Turkey*
Lonely Planet Turkey is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ride a hot-air balloon over Cappadocia's honeycomb landscapes, walk amid the ancient ruins of Ephesus, or witness the whirling dervishes perform their mystical craft; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Turkey and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Turkey Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and more
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Thrace, Marmara, Istanbul, Izmir, Ephesus, Bodrum, Anatolia, Antalya, Ankara, Cappadocia, Aegean Coast, Turquoise Coast, Mediterranean Coast, Black Sea Coast, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Turkey, our most comprehensive guide to Turkey, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Turkey? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Turkey, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Istanbul? Check out Lonely Planet's Istanbul guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Istanbul, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, James Bainbridge, Brett Atkinson, Chris Deliso, Steve Fallon, Will Gourlay, Jessica Lee, Virginia Maxwell, and Tom Spurling.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
*Bestselling guide to Turkey Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, April 2011 to March 2012.