A Beginners Guide to Home Canning & Food Preserving: Recipes, Jams, Marmalades, Jellies, Chutneys, Relishes Plus More... (Simple Living)
- Sales Rank:420,177
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:February 22, 2013
It is an undeniable pleasure for the modern individual to look at the work accomplished by his or her own hands with a sense of pride and ownership. While humans will no longer generally starve to death if we don't preserve food at home (as we once would have done) we still enjoy the self-reliance that doing so brings.
A Beginners Guide to Home Canning & Food Preserving is for anyone wanting to learn the art of Home Canning. The book cover such topics as:
- History of Food Preservation
- Definitions of Various Food Preservation Methods
- Food Safety and Safety Precautions
- Sourcing Tools, Equipment and Food
- Altitude Adjustments
- Water Bath Canning Details & Pressure Canning Details
- Recipes Including Jams, Jellies, Butters, Chutneys, Relishes, Pickles and Meat Fish and Poultry
If you are an old hand at food preserving and canning you may even find a new recipe included in book.
Although the canning process is the most labor intensive procedure, all methods promote a sense of pride, accomplishment, and self-reliance. There's nothing like opening the pantry or freezer door on a frigid winter's day, where the snow - already up to the window sills - is coming down so hard you can't see your mailbox, and finding row upon row of neatly labeled produce and meats and remembering once again that if the world ended outside your door, your family would still eat well.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.