7 Steps To A New Job In 2013, What employers are really looking for in today's troubled economy
- Sales Rank:445,578
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:1st Edition
- Publication Date:February 17, 2013
Are Ready For A New Career in 2013?
7 Steps To A New Job In 2013 gives you practical advice you can implement starting today, to help you find the new job you really want.
If you haven't already discovered it, this isn't your father's job search. Jobs have changed drastically over the last twenty years, and so has the method used for finding them. If you haven't updated your job search arsenal, you're going to be fighting a loosing battle.
This book introduces you to the Seven Tools every job seeker needs to find a job in today's troubled economy:
1) You need to have a great resume. It needs to be custom tailored to each job you are applying to. Anything else is a waste of time.
2) Every resume you send out needs to be accompanied by a cover letter personalized towards that job. Generic cover letters or rehashing info already included in your resume isn’t going to cut it.
3) You need to interview like a pro. That means you need to be armed with information about the company, the job, and even the interviewer before you go in for the interview.
4) Research is the key to getting the job you want. At a minimum you need to spend fifteen minutes to a half an hour Googling and researching potential employers.
5) Career fairs are an important weapon in your job hunting arsenal. The key is to know how to work a room.
6) Social networking can be a factor in finding a new job. It can also wreck your chances of getting a job. Be sure that you understand the rules of the game before you start looking for a new job.
7) Job boards and newspaper ads should only be a small part of your job hunt. Only a small percentage of jobs ever get listed in either of these sources, and the competition for them can be fierce.
What you're going to learn is that by following these seven simple steps every time you will be able to position yourself as the only qualified candidate for the job.
Order this book, and get the job you want today!
About the Author
Nick Vulich is the author of four Kindle books including Freaking Idiots Guide to Selling on eBay, How anyone can make $100 or more everyday selling on eBay. His other book Freaking Idiots Guide to Writing a Kindle Bestseller is a guide for self-published authors detailing how to market your book on Amazon Kindle.
This book is a toned down version of Nick's best selling career search book, Get Off of Your Lazy Fucking Ass and Get A Job Already. Much of the book has been re-written, and three all new chapters have been included to make this work totally unique.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.