Chia Seed Cookbook: A Runner's Guide to Healthy and Nutritious Food
- Sales Rank:484,272
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:February 2, 2013
Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of chia seeds! Forget fish oil and flax seeds because chia seeds are nutritionally superior, more environmentally friendly, and here to stay!
Yes, these are the exact same seeds the Chia Pet famously used to grow its grassy hair in the ‘80s. These seeds were a staple of the ancient Mayan runners, but only recently has the true power of these magical seeds been realized by Western nutritionists and trainers.
Why are chia seeds so good for runners and health enthusiasts? Well for starters, these seeds provide long-last energy and endurance by slowing the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar. This provides a steady and even source of energy without a sugar crash. Chia seeds absorb and retain water, which prolongs your body’s hydration and regulates the body’s absorption of nutrients. Chia seeds also:
• Contain high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are essential maintaining bone health, regulating the metabolism, and stimulating hair and skin growth.
• Are high in protein, dietary fiber, amino acids, and antioxidants.
• Are gluten and cholesterol free. The seeds are also easily digestible.
• Help you feel full for longer, which prevents overeating and can assist in maintaining a healthy body weight.
In this book you'll find some of our favorite chia seed recipes that showcase the true versatility of chia seeds in an exciting and nutritious way. There are a lot of pictures included in the book, but please feel free to attach some of your own versions to this page.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.