Talking to Siri: Learning the Language of Apple's Intelligent Assistant (2nd Edition)
- Sales Rank:202,771
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:January 3, 2013
Sweet-talk Siri® for iOS 6 into doing practically anything!
In iOS 6 and OS X Mountain Lion, Siri is more amazing than ever—and it’s even better when you really know how to talk to it. Now, two top Apple® tech experts show how to talk the newest version of Siri into doing more than you ever thought possible! Look up what you want to do, and you’ll find tested step-by-step instructions for getting perfect results—including new ways to do everything from checking football scores to posting on Facebook!
- Teach Siri to recognize requests and take dictation more accurately
- Check Yelp reviews and place OpenTable restaurant reservations
- Launch apps hands-free
- Find out where your friends are right now
- Choose a great movie with Rotten Tomatoes reviews
- Get up-to-the-minute player stats for baseball, football, or soccer
- Blog with Siri using email or text messaging
- Tweet updates, complete with location or appointment info
- Create location-based reminders that trigger at destinations like the drugstore
- Help Siri recognize and connect with your family and friends
- Transform Siri into your personal media DJ
- Find the nearest store that’s selling whatever you want
- Answer math and science problems with Wolfram Alpha
- Make sure Siri responds only to you, not to an impostor
- Discover the silliness Apple engineered into Siri
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.