It should have been a quiet weekend in London - a long overdue visit with the only true friend American genealogist Jefferson Tayte ever had. Now his friend lies bleeding in his arms and Tayte must follow his research to understand why, making him the target of a ruthless, politically motivated killer.
Working with historian Professor Jean Summer and New Scotland Yard on what becomes a matter of British national security, Tayte soon finds himself in a race to solve a three-hundred-year-old genealogical puzzle. It takes them all on a deadly, high stakes chase across London as Tayte tries to connect the pieces and work out the motive behind a series of killings that spans twenty years.
In what is Tayte's most personal assignment to date, The Last Queen of England combines historic fact with fiction, challenging British history as we understand it. It uncovers a conspiracy that if proved could ultimately threaten an institution that has lasted more than a thousand years: the British monarchy.
Nullius in Verba
: take no one's word for it.
The Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Crime Mysteries. What secrets are in your family history?
REVIEW - from the worldwide Amazon community.
- Jefferson Tayte is a genealogical Sherlock Holmes. Roozoo - 24 Nov 2014
- If you like Dan Brown's novels, or are a fan of Josephine Tey, Robert Ludlum, or Cussler's turn of the century adventure novels, this book is for you. Moira L. Mefein - 21 Nov 2013
- One of the best writers to appear on the scene of late. Dr. William H. Stephens, retired editor - 18 Feb 2013
- Steve Robinson just gets better and better ... Compares favourably with the Da Vinci Code. B R Blair - 29 Dec 2012
- This book is brilliant. Was reading till the early hours till I got it finished. Steve Lawton - 29 Dec 2012
- As an Anglophile & lover of stories royal this book makes history's facts & fiction truly blend. Diantha Pomfret - 27 Dec 2012
- There were quite a few 'heart-stopping' moments to keep THIS reader on the edge of my seat. G A Chesney-Green - 25 Dec 2012
- The high quality of Steve Robinson's writing and his skill of story telling puts him at the top of the bestseller list for me. Mrs A Hemsworth - 22 Dec 2012
- Another two days of nose buried in my kindle while I raced through this wonderful book. Lesley Anne Whitfield - 19 Dec 2012
- It captures the reader and cleverly intertwines three genres, history, mystery and thriller into the plot. Carol - 17 Dec 2012
- I have read a lot of mysteries and Steve Robinson's Jefferson Tayte series is up there with the best of them. George R - 12 Dec 2012
- If you want an exciting new series to read I recommend you get in on the compelling stories by Steve Robinson. Scrapper - 11 Dec 2012
- Attention to detail and the amount of research that has gone into this book is extraordinary. Jo - 3 Dec 2012
- Robinson keeps the excitement high in this story so you never leave the edge of your seat. Judder - 29 Nov 2012.'... The pace of the story had me gripped right to the end.'
#1 In the Blood: A dark secret locked in the past - a family historian trying against the odds to unlock it.
#2 To the Grave: A wartime secret with deadly repercussions.
#3 The Last Queen of England: A centuries-old royal conspiracy. The ultimate heir hunt.