"If you're currently experiencing back pain, and you're thinking about having surgery to solve the problem, think again. If you can recover from back pain without surgery, you're much better off, surgery can have unforeseen complications, from infections to nerve damage." Dr Hochschuler, M.D. an orthopedic surgeon in Plano, Texas
, a surgeon who has performed thousands of spine surgeries.
More than 250,000 operations are performed each year. The immediate question is; how successful are these operations?
- The Cochrane Collaboration, an international network of health-science researchers, that review clinical trials, says: "the scientific evidence for most [back surgical] procedures is unclear."
- Studies have confirmed that whether or not a person undergoes back surgery, four (4) years later the outcome is the same with or without surgery.
Back and neck pain is the second leading cause for doctor visits in the United States; in fact it
is the leading cause of disability for people under the age of 45, and lower back pain is the third most common reason for surgery. Jerome F. McAndrews D.C., a chiropractor in Claremore, Oklahoma, and national spokesperson for the American Chiropractic Association
says: "45% of those folks will have repeated ''back attacks."
In other words 45% of people have chronic back pain.
The worrying aspect is that most people are not even aware of the things that they do that are causing this enormous medical problem.
Posture and symmetry are the most crucial elements in recovery and one of the most commonly overlooked issues in the diagnosis of pain's root causes and it is sad that so few people (including doctors) don't even know it or recognize it. Yet it could cure up to 80% or more of all back and neck pain problems. It has been proven that proper stretching and exercise routines, when done consistently, is the most permanent cure for chronic back pain and neck pain. A Quick Glance at the Contents
- In Many Cases Surgery Might Not Be Necessary
- The Causes of Back and Neck Pain
- Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Quick Pain Relief Techniques
- 13 Non Surgical Treatment Options
- All about Posture, Symmetry and Balance
- 4 Sets of Stretches for Pain Prevention and Better Posture
- 5 Sets of Therapeutic Stretches for Back Pain Relief
- 2 Sets of Therapeutic Stretches for Neck Pain Relief
- 4 Sets of Exercises for Strength and Support of Lower and Upper Back
- Exercises for the Neck
- Relief from Sciatica Pain
- Relief from Scoliosis Pain