Office 365 University
Best value for higher education students and faculty who want Office on up to two PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs.1 Proof of eligibility is required online before use.
Office 365 University has all the Microsoft applications, plus cloud services. Just sign in and you can get to your Office files, applications, and settings when you are not at home.
Available as a subscription, Office 365 University comes with one time upfront fee for a four year service. Microsoft and your Office 365 retailer will let you know when it’s time to renew.
What’s new in this release of Office?
The 2013 versions of familiar Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint include new features that help you create, communicate and work efficiently from virtually anywhere. In addition to updating the traditional Office suites, Microsoft has developed brand new subscription versions of Office, specifically designed around the way customers use Office. Each new subscription offer will include the 2013 versions of the Office applications, for example Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus cloud services such as Skype world minutes and online storage with SkyDrive.
Subscribers will also receive future rights to version upgrades as well as per-use rights across multiple PCs or Macs and select mobile devices.1
Note: The Office applications you can use across PCs, Macs and other devices vary by platform. 1
Visit www.office.com/information for a current list of devices. Internet connection required. Internet and mobile telephone usage charges may apply.
What is the difference between the Office 2013 suites and Office 365 plans?
Microsoft Office is still the name Microsoft uses for its familiar productivity software. Office suites have traditionally included applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. All Office 2013 suites include the latest versions of the applications, for use on a single PC.
Microsoft uses the name “Office 365” for products that include cloud services, such as additional SkyDrive online storage, Skype minutes for home use, Lync web conferencing or Exchange Online hosted email for businesses. Cloud services are features that are enabled over the Internet. Most Office 365 plans also include the full-featured Office 2013 applications, which users can install across multiple computers and devices. All Office 365 products, such as Office 365 Home Premium, are paid for on a subscription basis, annually. Active subscribers will receive future rights to version upgrades as a benefit of their subscription. Entitlements vary by product.
What it includes:
- Install on up to two PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs.1
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote,2 Publisher,2 and Access.2
- An extra 20 GB of online storage in SkyDrive (27 GB total) for anywhere access to your documents.3
- 60 minutes of Skype calls each month to phones in 40+ countries.4
- Four year subscription with automatic upgrades included so you’re always up to date.
How do I get my Office software?
Please note: This item does not contain a disc; it is a product key card that requires a download from office.com. See steps involved below:
- Once you have placed your order and received your product key card in the mail, locate your product key on the backside of the included card.
- When you locate the product key, follow the instructions on the card, and go to https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/ to download and install.
- Enter your 25-digital product key as prompted.
- Sign in or create a Microsoft account.
- Select your preferred country and language.
- From your "My Account" page with Microsoft, select the item that you want to install.
- Click the "Install" button to begin your download.
Full and part time enrolled university and college students, faculty and staff in accredited institutions. Alumni of these institutions are ineligible.
Submit proof: You will be required to verify your eligibility online to use this software.
- Go to www.office.com/verify
- Enter your 25-character Product Key.
- Sign in with or create your Microsoft account.
- Verify your eligibility by providing your school email address or logon, or International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Office.
If you purchased Office 365 University as a download from a retailer, visit www.office.com/myaccount on the PC or Mac that you want to install Office on, and then sign in with or create a Microsoft account. Once signed in, click Install Office and follow the onscreen instructions. You will not need to enter your product key.
Restriction: Each eligible user can redeem Office 365 University product once in a three year period and can activate a maximum of two.
What's new with Office?
Office On and Off Campus
- Be more productive with a full version of Office, no matter where you are.
- Sign in to get Office on your PC and Windows 8 tablet, Mac.1
- Sign in to your Microsoft account to get to your documents, applications, and settings.
- You’ll always have the latest features and services, thanks to automatic version upgrades.
Simple Sharing and Communication
- Get all the email, scheduling, and task tools in Outlook.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.2
- Allow others to read and scroll through your Word docs in real time through a browser, even if they don’t have Word.
Microsoft Office Applications
- Incorporate content from PDFs into Word documents.
- Add pictures, videos, or online media to your Word documents with a simple drag and drop.
- Create presentations with widescreen themes in PowerPoint.
- Find meaning in numbers with the Quick Analysis and Chart Animations in Excel.
See More: Office Frequently Asked Questions
1. Windows 7, Windows 8 OS, Windows Phone 7.5, Mac OS X version 10.5.8 required. Windows RT devices come preinstalled with Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview. Visit www.office.com/mobile for applicable devices. Internet connection required. Internet and mobile telephone usage charges may apply.
2. Access and Publisher available on PC only. OneNote not available on Mac OS.
3. PC running Windows 7 or 8 and Internet connection required.
4. See office.com/information for details. Skype account required. Excludes special, premium, and non-geographic numbers. Calls to mobile phones are for select countries only. Skype available only in select countries.
5. Internet and/or carrier network connectivity required; charges may apply.