A sci-fi/action RPG from acclaimed developer Gearbox, Borderlands combines the best in first-person shooter (FPS) action gaming with elements of a traditional role-playing game (RPG). The excitement of this hybridization is further magnified by the game's groundbreaking content generation system which allows for a near-endless variety in missions, environments, enemies, weapons, item drops and character customization, making the game's single player, multiplayer and online campaigns not to be missed. This special Game of the Year edition takes the action even further with the inclusion of all four of the downloadable content releases for the game, as well as a fold-out map of all the Borderlands Pandoran territories.
In a distant future, the planets at the outer edges of the galaxy have become a beacon to fortune seekers and those yearning for a better life off world, but there are no guarantees in deep space. Pandora, one of these distant planets, was reported to be rich in untapped mineral wealth, and so drew many hoping to get rich quick, but in the end little was found beyond the scattered ruins of a past alien civilization. With nothing to gain, any who could soon abandoned Pandora, leaving those who remained to deal with the lawlessness of a world gone bust, and the mystery of the long-dead alien civilization. But as chaotic as these times were, there were worse days yet to come. After several years the planet's huge orbit slowly brought it near to its sun and once unknown and horrifying creatures sprang from their long hibernation to terrify the stranded colonists. The only hope of the colonists seems to be a vault discovered in a mountainside, rumored to contain alien technology and secrets about Pandora. Will this discovery be the colonist's salvation or their end? Discover their fate in Borderlands.
FPS/RPG hybrid gameplay.
Literally thousands of weapons.
Eliminate the hordes of undead on Zombie Island.
Enter the riot arenas of Mad Moxxi's Underdome.
Vehicular combat against General Knoxx.
Join forces with the Hyperion Corp against the Claptraps in Claptrap's New Robot Revolution.
As in a traditional RPG, Borderlands is built around the continual leveling of characters as they delve into quests. These quests include both story-driven adventures and side quests that offer players rewards such as items exclusive to quest completion and/or forward movement of the story. Players can look forward to action set in both single player and multiplayer modes--including co-op play--as well as vehicular combat, literally thousands of different types of weapons that change each time you play and randomly generated maps and map features.
Borderlands features several playable characters, each with its own unique backstory, abilities and skills. Skills can be leveled up, allowing for improvement of things like health, accuracy with weapons and capacity for items. In addition to this, characters possess unique skill tree development, ensuring that each will develop differently regardless of time spend leveling them up.
Key Game Features
- Co-op Design - Borderlands is built from the ground up to be an exciting, intuitive cooperative experience for up to four players simultaneously that rewards players who work together and invest in co-op skills. Split screen is also supported.
- FPS Gameplay - In this role-playing shooter, choose one of several distinct characters, each with their own individual skill sets. As your character grows throughout this fast-paced FPS, you choose and customize your abilities to suit your style of play.
- Art Style - The game's distinctive art style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to paint a bold and eye-catching spin on the FPS genre.
- Vehicular Combat - Jump behind the wheel and engage in high-speed vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with spectacular explosions and road-killed Skags.
- Frontier Planet - Search the wasteland planet of Pandora for the legendary alien vault. Fight your way through bandits, discover nine native (and aggressive) creatures, and help the few settlers on the planet in your search for a Vault rumored to contain a great prize - if it even exists.
- Gun Lust - Choose from literally hundreds of thousands of weapons, each with their own manufacturers, specifications, and advantages. The revolutionary content generation system guarantees that you'll find almost infinite tools of destruction to suit your play style.
- Online Multiplayer Support - Borderlands supports 2-4 players via Online.
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition for PC
- A copy of the standard Borderlands game for PC
- All Borderlands DLC add-ons packs available to date
- Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned - Originally released as a digital content download, action in it is centered in the town and surrounding areas of Jacob's Cove, which is on the fictional Jakobs Corporation owned Island unofficially named Zombie Island. Here players are tasked with the completion of 20 exclusive Borderlands missions, involving the zombie infestation of the island, as well as various optional side quests. As the name of the island suggests, players will be kept busy honing their skills at killing zombies, zombie bosses and the other undead beings as efficiently as possible. In-game money is earned for these kills and available weapons come both in the form of randomly generated weapons and unique items taken off defeated bosses. The level of undead action experienced is directly tied to players' progression within the single player campaign within the main game, making for gameplay closely tied to the main game, and a zombie fest not to be missed.
- Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot - Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot is the second add-on pack for Borderlands re-released on disc following initial availability via digital download. Designed with a Mad Mad Thunderdome ethic and feel, action here occurs within a series of spaces known as riot arenas where the changing rules, commentary and mood are provided entirely at the whim of the over-the-top and seductive ringmistress, Moxxi. Within the matches, both single player against AI and multiplayer player, players rack up kills using a variety of weapons and shields, earning themselves skill points and in-game loot that can be stored at an in-game bank.
- Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx - Borderlands goes to 11! You may have seen some games raise their level cap by 5, or maybe even 10, but with The Crimson Lance Assassination Squads wreaking havoc and Crawmerax the Invincible being all invulnerable and stuff we knew you'd need more than just 10. And that's why Borderlands goes to ELEVEN. The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is an add-on pack for Borderlands that adds new guns, new class mods, new vehicles, new missions, new enemy types, and increases the level cap to 61. In other words...best add-on ever. Of all time. Forever.
- Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution - To combat second hand sales of used munitions among greedy, haggling treasure hunters on Pandora, the Hyperion Corporation have decided to activate the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap. Instead, it has organized all of the claptraps into a revolution, and they've been assimilating all life on Pandora and converting them into claptraps. With our heroes caught in the middle, they must stop the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap in order to release his control over all of Pandora's claptraps and collect their reward, of course. The pack adds 21 missions, 10 new skill points, three additional backpack slots and raises the level cap to 69.
- Fold-out Map of all the Borderlands Pandoran Territories
| || Minimum: ||Recommended: |
|OS: ||Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 |
|Processor: ||Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon XP 2500+ ||Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ |
|RAM: ||1 GB ||2 GB or more |
|Hard Drive: ||8 GB ||8 GB or more |
|Video Card: ||nVidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 2800 ||nVidia GeForce GTX 260 / ATI Radeon HD 4550 |
|Video Memory: ||256 MB ||1 GB |
|Sound Card: ||DirectX 9.0c Compatible |
|Other: ||Mouse, keyboard, DVD-ROM drive |