Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Mountain Lion Edition (Missing Manuals)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $6.98
as of 1/26/2015 23:58 EST details
- You Save: $28.01 (80%)
- Sales Rank:296,918
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.5
- Dimensions (in):7 x 1.8 x 9.2
- Publication Date:September 24, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Ready to move to the Mac? This incomparable guide helps you make a smooth transition. New York Times columnist and Missing Manuals creator David Pogue gets you past three challenges: transferring your stuff, assembling Mac programs so you can do what you did with Windows, and learning your way around OS X.
Learning to use a Mac is not a piece of cake, but once you do, the rewards are oh-so-much better. You won't find questionable firewalls or inefficient permissions. Just a beautiful machine with a thoroughly reliable system. Whether you’re using Windows XP or Windows 7, we’ve got you covered.
- Transfer your stuff. Moving files from a PC to a Mac is the easy part. This guide gets you through the tricky things: extracting your email, address book, calendar, Web bookmarks, buddy list, desktop pictures, and MP3 files.
- Re-create your software suite. Big-name programs from Microsoft, Adobe, and others are available in both Mac and Windows versions, but hundreds of other programs are Windows-only. Learn the Macintosh equivalents and how to move data to them.
- Learn OS X Mountain Lion. Once you’ve moved into the Macintosh mansion, it’s time to learn your way around. You’re in good hands with the author of Mac OS X: The Missing Manual, the #1 bestselling guide to OS X.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.