Scenario-Based Training with X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator: Using PC-Based Flight Simulations Based on FAA-Industry Training Standards
- List Price:
- Buy New: $14.99
as of 8/29/2014 14:48 EDT details
- You Save: $25.00 (63%)
- Seller:BookOutlet USA
- Sales Rank:330,810
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.3
- Dimensions (in):1.2 x 7.3 x 9.1
- Publication Date:January 10, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Fly toward pilot certification with these real-world scenario exercises
Although PC-based flight simulations have been available for 30 years, many pilots, instructors, and flight schools don't understand how best to use these tools in real-world flight training and pilot proficiency programs. This invaluable reference bridges the gap between simulation tools and real-world situations by presenting hands-on, scenario-based exercises and training tips for the private pilot certificate and instrument rating. As the first of its kind based on FAA-Industry Training Standards (FITS), this book steers its focus on a scenario-based curriculum that emphasizes real-world situations.
Experienced pilot and author Bruce Williams ultimately aims to engage the pilot, reinforce the "realistic" selling point of PC-based flight simulations, while also complementing the FAA-approved FITS syllabi.
- Serves as essential reading for pilots who want to make effective use of simulation in their training while expanding their skill level and enjoyment of flying
- Covers private pilot real-world scenarios and instrument rating scenarios
- Includes a guide to recommended websites and other resources
- Features helpful charts as well as a glossary
You'll take off towards pilot certification with this invaluable book by your side.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.