MirrorTap, 1000/2000 Series, Radar Detector, Power Cord With Inline Fuse, RJ11
- Category:Automotive Parts and Accessories
- Buy New: $29.99
as of 4/20/2014 04:55 EDT details
- Sales Rank:2,209
- Size:9", 12", 15", 20"
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):0 x 0 x 0
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- MPN:Need Vehicle Info (we'll contact you)
- Model:Need Vehicle Info (we'll contact you)
- Available in 9", 12", 15" and 20" overall Lengths
- Available in MICRO .050" Tap Width, NANO .040" Tap Width, or REGULAR .080" Tap Width
- No Worries, We message every Amazon Customer for their vehicle info to determine the Correct Version MirrorTap to ship
- Proudly Designed and Manufactured in the USA by J28 Design, Inc., makers of BlendMount and MirrorTap product Lines
No More coiled cigarette lighter power cords. The MirrorTap Power Cord simply plugs into any wire harness close to your AUTO DIMMING MIRROR, whether it be exposed on the rear face of the mirror (most common application), or inside the Wire Cover at your windshield (2010 & newer Camaros, and many 2012 & newer vehicles), or inside the Headliner (Acura TL, and very few others). No cutting or splicing wires and No Messin with the Air Bags inside your A-pillar as is done with regular hardwire installations to the fuse box under the Dash.
Guidelines on Using a Voltmeter to Locate Power and Ground:
(#1) First set your voltmeter to the continuity setting (should beep when you touch the red and black probes together, telling you they are shorted)
(#2) Find a ground on the car somewhere, like a bolt under the dash, or a metal cross member.
(#3) Put the black probe on that ground, and touch the back of each exposed wire connector in the mirror harness with the red probe.
(#4) For each wire that beeps, that means that wire is grounded. Turn the ignition to the on position, then back to off, and make sure it beeps regardless of ignition position.
(#5) Put the voltmeter into VDC mode, to measure DC volts, turn the ignition to the on position.
(#6) Put the black probe on the ground wire found in #4.
(#7) Touch each of the wires in that harness with the red probe, and note which one(s) gives you +12-14 volts, turn the ignition off to verify that the volt readings go down to zero or close to zero.
(Finally) That should define which two ports in that harness into which you would plug the MirrorTap, the black Prong into #4 above, and the Red to #7.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.