Keeble Outlets 24-Ounce 100% Cotton Dish Towels with Herringbone Design, Pack of 12
Why should any kitchen or any cook be equipped with dish towels that disintegrate after only a few washes, or shrink so much they start to more closely resemble a dish rag? Simple - you want kitchen towels that last, are absorbent enough to dry dishes quickly and don't leave lint all over plates and glasses. You always hear "Use the right tools for the job." Well, these Keeble Kitchen Towels are the right tools, whether you are running a large professional kitchen or, like most of us, the family kitchen! Typical retail towels might work well for simply matching the décor of a kitchen, but they really aren't designed to get the job done time after time. Don't take any chances with lower quality towels. The saying "you get what you pay for" is always so true!
Constructed of 24-ounce (commercial weight) higher density cotton, these towels are washed at high temperatures with bleach agents to ensure minimal shrinkage. They feature a herringbone design to improve absorbency, and each one measures approximately 26 inches by 14.5 inches. The towels are also available in a larger 26-ounce, 26-by-15-inch size, which is sold in packs of 6.
No End of Uses For A Quality Dish Towel
We tend to buy dozens of dish towels for our own use around the house. Sure they are awesome for cleaning dishes, glasses, and cutlery, but these highly absorbent cloths are great for many other chores as well:
Dinner Napkins: Properly folded, these towels present beautifully at a place setting with utensils packed inside their fold.
Meal Prep: When you're cooking a meal for friends or family, being properly prepared is extremely important. You are often dealing with multiple food types, each with their own juices and prep waste. If you aren’t prepared for this, you could easily cross contaminate your food. That's why we use one Keeble Kitchen Towel for hand wiping and one for spraying with a surface sanitizer and keeping nearby for wiping up countertop spills. Being properly prepared can save you tons of time and make meal prep much more enjoyable.
Workout Towel: These are highly absorbent towels made from 100% cotton and they won't take up a great deal of space in the dirty clothes hamper.
Car Care: The towels feature a herringbone design with some texture, so they make great leather cleaners.
Shop Towel: After years of good use and repeated washings, you may feel the towel has run its course. Don't throw it away. At this point, it makes a great shop rag or cleaning rag. Use it when cleaning equipment, staining wood, and messier jobs like these.
Kitchen Towel Washing Tips
It’s really not that hard to make your kitchen towels last longer, keep their shape, and look the same as the day you bought them.
- Remember to wash your towels before you start to use them. This removes any chemicals or germs left over from the manufacturing process and also removes any left over lint.
- Make sure your towels are 100% cotton.
- White towels are always the best option, mostly because of the ability to use effective bleaches in the cleaning process.
- Wash your towels separately using hot water.
- Bleach will help remove any kitchen odors from your towels and will keep them smelling fresh.
- If you don’t want to use bleach, then you can substitute vinegar or baking soda (do not use both, as this will cause an explosive reaction similar to school project volcanos).
- Never leave damp towels sitting in the washing machine, dry them immediately. This will help to keep them from getting a slight mildew smell.
- Dry the towels on a medium heat to help minimize any shrinkage.
- Avoid using fabric softener as this will coat the towel and reduce its ability to absorb water.
- Hang the towels after each use to allow them to dry properly. Do not leave them lying on your counter top.
Following these tips will keep your kitchen towels looking great and will also improve their ability to do the job.