Shun Edo BB1500 4-Inch Paring Knife
- List Price:
- Buy New: $62.95
as of 7/22/2014 12:18 EDT details
- You Save: $125.05 (67%)
- Sales Rank:77,049
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 0.6 x 1.5
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- 4-Inch Edo Paring Knife by Shun Perfect for garnishing and delicate detail work
- Precision forged from one solid piece of VG10 "Super Steel" and "zero-balanced" allowing knives to do all the work
- Hammered "tsuchime" finish creates air pockets for natural food-release, reducing knife drag
- Resin-impregnated Pakkawood handles provide added strength and moisture protection; handle shape is comfortable and reduces hand fatigue
- Knives are hand-crafted featuring ultra-sharp 16 degree cutting edges; widened bolster shape encourages proper grip and reduces forearm fatigue
Delicate garnishing and coring of fruits such as apples, tomatoes and such are a pleasure with the Shun Edo Paring knife. The 4-inch blade is easily maneuverable, while the ultra-sharp blade pieces fruit and vegetables without tearing. Designed for power and precision, Shun Edo knives feature Shuns most advanced ergonomic handle design and blade geometry. Every aspect, from the shape of the blade to the way the handle fits snugly into the users hand, has been designed for maximum comfort and control. Razor-sharp blades, handmade from pure VG10 "super-steel", allow the weight of the knife to do the work. Each blade features mirror-polished edges and a hammered ("tsushime" in Japanese) finish for supreme cutting performance while creating natural food release from the blade. Each knife is sharpened by hand to an extreme 16-degree cutting edge, making them among the sharpest available. The name "Edo", the ancient name for the city of Tokyo, celebrates the Japanese styling of these knives, made in the tradition of Japanese sword-making. Handles are made from resin-impregnated Pakkawood for strength, durability and moisture protection, while their contour provides maximum comfort. The heavy bolster encourages proper knife grip, while handles feature a slight elevation to allow full contact between the knife and cutting surface without the chefs knuckles getting in the way; while their "zero balance" provides additional ergonomic comfort. All Shun Edo knives are NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.