French Raclette - 2lb Cut (2 pound) by igourmet
- Buy New: $19.99
as of 12/7/2013 00:17 EST details
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Sales Rank:10,536
- Size:2 pound
- Imported from France
- Made with unpasteurized cow's milk
- The perfect cut for a true Raclette meal
- Heat the exposed surface then scrape the cheese onto a plate of potatoes and meats
- Make sure to have the raclette machine to have a true raclette party
The world's most famous melting cheese, Raclette is made in the Alps on both sides of the French-Swiss border. The French version is perhaps a bit softer than Swiss Raclette, but the two taste very similar. Raclette has a semi-soft interior dotted with small holes and a rosy inedible rind. Eaten as a table cheese, Raclette has a smooth, creamy taste that is neither too salty nor sharp. However, our French Raclette tends to have a strong, pungent aroma that is not for the timid. This cheese is traditionally melted (a half wheel is placed in a fireplace, then the melted top surface is continuously scraped off) and layered atop boiled potatoes, pickles, fresh vegetables and sliced meats. Check out our recipes and try it for yourself!
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 12 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by the pound.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.