Muscle Myths: 50 Health & Fitness Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making (The Build Healthy Muscle Series)
- Author:Michael Matthews
- Brand:Brand: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- List Price:
- Buy New: $8.14
as of 3/7/2014 04:35 EST details
- You Save: $2.85 (26%)
- Sales Rank:59,013
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6 x 0.4
- Publication Date:March 1, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
If you'd like to gain an advanced level of understanding of how to build muscle and lose fat easily, effectively, and rapidly...and if you'd like to rid yourself of all kinds of bad advice and habits that are making getting into great shape much harder than it should be...then you need to read this book.
Let me ask you a question. Do any of the following claims sound familiar?"I have bad genetics--I just can't build muscle or lose fat easily."
"You have to work your abs more to get a six-pack."
"When doing cardio, you want your heart rate in the 'fat burning zone.'"
"Don't eat carbohydrates--they make you fat."
"Don't eat at night if you want to lose weight."
"If you wait too long in between meals, your body goes into 'starvation mode' and you will mess up your metabolism."
"I'm overweight because I have a slow metabolism."
You've probably heard one or more of these statements before, and the sad truth is lies like these have ruined many people's fitness ambitions.
Thanks to the overwhelming amount of fitness pseudo-science and lies being pushed on us every day by bogus magazines and self-styled "gurus," it's becoming harder and harder to get in shape.
Muscle Myths was written to debunk the most commonplace and harmful gimmicks, fads, myths,
and misinformation in the health and fitness industry. And unlike other books that just offer endless opinions, the advice in this book is backed up by over 300 citations of scientific literature, and real-world results.
Make no mistake: this isn't a book about exercise and diet theory. This book is full of practical, results-driven advice that will help you reach your fitness goals easier and faster.
Here are just some of the things you'll learn in this book:
- Why you don't have to completely cut out carbs or fat, or eat weird combinations of food to lose weight.
- The truth about supplements and why 99% of them are a complete waste of money (and the few that are actually scientifically proven to work).
- The truth about the effects of fasting and the "starvation mode" myth. Yup, it's a myth, and you may even want to incorporate some fasting into your meal schedule.
- Why eating a substantial amount of carbohydrates every day won't make you fat as some "experts" claim, but why going low-carb can be beneficial for some.
- The scientific secrets of getting a six-pack. Forget 6-minute gimmicks, doing endless crunches, and hours of grueling cardio--it's actually pretty easy when you know what you're doing.
- Training and diet methods that will completely shatter any perceived "genetic barriers" that you think are holding you back from building muscle or losing weight.
- What you need to know about alcohol and its effects on your fat loss and muscle growth. (Hint: It's not nearly as bad as some people claim, and you don't have to totally abstain if you know what you're doing!)
This book will save you the money, time, and frustration of falling into the traps of misleading diets, workout programs, and products, and teach you how to finally start seeing real results with your diet and exercise.
SPECIAL BONUS FOR READERS!
Scroll up and click the "Buy" button now to learn the no-BS truth of how to look good and feel great without having to endure tortuously restrictive diets or long, grueling exercise routines.
With this book you'll also get a free 52-page bonus report from the author called "Muscle Meals: 15 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy."
In this free bonus report, you'll find 15 fast, healthy, and tasty meals that will help you build muscle or lose weight, regardless of your current skills.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.