The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook: A Treasury of Timeless, Delicious Recipes
- List Price:
- Buy New: $13.00 (On sale from $17.00)
as of 3/11/2014 13:04 EDT details
- You Save: $4.00 (24%)
- Seller:Books for Teachers/Students/Household Goods
- Sales Rank:1,896
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Age:18 - 99 years
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.8
- Dimensions (in):9.8 x 7.5 x 0.8
- Publication Date:February 7, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Paperback with flexible binding
- Includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desert recipes
- Explains cooking basics and open air cast iron cooking and grilling
- Featured chefs include Bill and Cheryl Jamison, Nick Malgieri, and Allison Fishman
Cast iron cooking is back in vogue! From America's most chic restaurants to the countless kitchens of avid home cooks, everyone is rediscovering the joy of cooking with classic cast iron. Cast iron cooking has always been a kitchen favorite with its even heating, great heat retention and its flexibility to go outdoors and grill or cook over an open fire. According to Esquire magazine, cast iron cookware "will enrich your eggs and burgers, it's impossible to break and it will last longer than you."
And now with The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook, every cook will learn the simple, savory secrets of cast iron cookery. From the kitchens of Lodge, America's leading manufacturer of cast iron cookware, this unique cookbook offers over 200 mouthwatering recipes. The delectable dishes range from breakfast specials to the secrets of great fried food, to soups and stews, biscuits and baked goods, fish, veggies and finally those sweet finales. And the book features favorite cast iron cooking recipes by well-known cooks such as Bill and Cheryl Jamison, Nick Malgieri and Allison Fishman. Special cooking lessons include cast iron cooking basics and how to enjoy open air cooking and grilling.
This special culinary delight features great cooking stories and intriguing vignettes on the history and legend and lore of cast iron cooking. Each unique recipe, culled from cooks across the country, is illustrated with four-color photography. Published in a special flexible binding, this cookbook will be a keepsake treasured by all cooks.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.