PP06605 : 66 GPH, Submersible, Table Top Fountain Pump, Indoor/Outdoor - 3W, 5' Cord
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.99
as of 4/16/2014 12:24 EDT details
- You Save: $14.00 (54%)
- Sales Rank:824
- Size:211 GPH, 12W
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):6.8 x 5.4 x 1.8
- Warranty:1 Year
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- COMPLETE SELECTION: We have 7 sizes & 13 models. Click on "PonicsFarm" near the top of the page to see them all. This model has a high quality 5 foot waterproof cord. Comes with adjustable input flow-rate screen and and 2 outlet adaptors for 1/4" & 1/2" inside diameter tubing.
- DURABLE QUALITY: Our Polished Stainless Steel #205 Impeller Shaft insures long pump life. Epoxy Resin Encasement of key internal motor components prevents unwanted conductivity and corrosion of metal parts. This pump incorporates a magnetic wet-rotor design, so there is no seal to fail that would damage the pump motor.
- EFFICIENT: Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB) Magnets are used in all our electric motors because they are the most powerful permanent magnetic materials commercially available and increase energy efficiency. Water- Lubricated Nitrile Bushings are used because they possess a very low coefficient of friction, have inherent vibration-dampening qualities and are non-polluting.
- SAFE & EASY: Safe for fish with no exposed copper and oil free. Easy to clean with no tools required to disassemble and clean filter/impeller. Our SJTW Electric Cord is waterproof, 18# gauge copper wire, molded plug with ground, heavy duty flexible vinyl jacket, resists oil/grease/moisture, abrasion resistant and very good flexibility at all temperatures.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Fresh water only with flow Rates of 66 Gallons Per Hour (GPH) @ 0' Lift; 55 GPH @ 1' Lift; 21 GPH @ 2' Lift; Max Lift - 2' 2". Dimensions are 1.97" x 1.73" x 1.26". 120VAC, 3 WATTS. 1 year limited warranty when sold by PonicsFarms.
HOW TO CHOOSE A HYDROPONIC, AQUAPONIC, ALGAPONIC, AQUARIUM, POND OR FOUNTAIN PUMP
- "Maximum Flow Rate" is meaningless because it is at ZERO lift.
- "Maximum Head/Lift" is meaningless because the flow at that height is only a trickle.
You need to choose an affordable quality pump that produces the "desired flow at your required lift" at the lowest wattage.
Step 1: Determining Desired Flow Rate
Hydroponic Systems - typically flow through a single loop allowing a single pump and need a flow rate near 100 GPH for each grow bed loop up to 120 feet. Flood/drain beds - need 2 to 4 cycles per hour. Fish tanks - need a least one exchange per hour or extra oxygenation. Waterfalls - need 100 GPH for each inch of width.
Step 2: Calculating System Lift
Measure the "vertical distance" from the "top" of the water in the pump tank to the pump discharge point.
Step 3: Pump Selection Considerations
- Continuous instead of intermittent pump duty cycle greatly increases pump life, plus no need for a timer or level control.
- A rule of thumb is that an average pump will last 2-4 times the stated warranty period.
- Best to buy a backup pump if fish or plants depend on the pump.
Note: A foam filter is rarely needed, a screen cover is enough.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.