Hydroton Leca Clay Orchid/Hydroponic Grow Media - 2 lbs.
- Buy New: $2.99
as of 12/18/2013 15:19 EST details
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Sales Rank:769
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2
- Dimensions (in):8.4 x 6 x 3
- Made of 100% natural clay. Pebbles are of uniform, round shape. Inert, pH-neutral, clean and decorative. Comes in a 2 lbs. package.
- For Orchids - Hydroton's porous structure provides excellent aeration and acts as a water reservoir.
- The size of the pebbles is perfect for medium to large Cattleyas and Laelias.
- For Hydroponics - Ensures good root aeration and prevents rotting, excess acidity and soil pests.
- Will approximately fill: twenty-four 2" pots, or eight 3" pots, or two 5" pots.
Hydroton clay pebbles are made of 100% natural clay. Hydroton is inert, pH-neutral, clean and at the same time, decorative.
Potting media for Orchids - Used alone or in combination with coconut husk chips, bark, charcoal or other orchid media, Hydroton's porous structure can provide excellent aeration around the roots while its ability to act as a water reservoir will be appreciated by your orchids when water is needed. The size of the pebbles is perfect for medium to large Cattleyas and Laelias.
Hydrophonic/Hydroculture media - The capilliarity and the structure of the clay pebbles ensures good root aeration and prevents rotting, excess acidity and soil pests.
Drainage - Compared to gravel, Hydroton is lighter and can act as a water reservoir. Hydroton can then release the water when its surroundings needed it.
Decoration - With its red color and mostly round shape, Hydroton is often used as a decorative top-layer for indoor plants and outdoor gardens. As a top layer, it will also prevent the top soil from drying out quickly.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.