Plugable USB 2.0 Switch for One-Button Swapping of USB Device/Hub Between Two Computers
- Category:Personal Computer
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.95
as of 1/26/2015 21:56 EST details
- You Save: $5.00 (29%)
- Seller:Plugable Technologies
- Media:Personal Computers
- Size:USB 2.0
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.1
- Dimensions (in):3.6 x 2.3 x 1
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Compact design provides easy one-touch switching of a USB device or hub between two computers
- Great for sharing a printer, scanner, or other USB device between two computers (one computer has access at a time)
- Attach a powered USB hub that is connected to keyboard, mouse, and USB graphics adapter for an all-USB KVM solution
- Switch works with any USB-enabled computer without drivers - attached devices may require drivers as usual. LED indicator lights show which connected computer has control of the attached devices
- Not recommended for switching mass storage devices such as hard drives, flash drives, camera memory cards, etc
The Plugable USB2-SWITCH2 USB 2.0/1.1 switch is the ideal solution for one-touch switching of access between two computers to a USB-based mouse, printer, scanner, and many other types of USB devices. Attach a powered USB hub to the switch instead of a single device for switched access to everything connected to the hub.
Connect two computers to the switch via the included five-foot USB A/B cables, attach either a single USB device or a powered USB hub connected to multiple USB devices (cable not included for switch-to-device/hub attachment), and start enjoying the benefits of switched access. Driver installation for the attached devices may be required on the connected computers.
A single button press is all that's required to change control of the attached devices between the connected computers. LED indicator lights show which connected computer has control.
For anyone considering a KVM switch to provide two-computer access to a single keyboard, mouse, and display, the same result is possible with the Plugable USB2-SWITCH2. Just attach the switch to a powered USB hub that's connected to a keyboard, mouse, and USB graphics adapter for an all-USB KVM solution.
The USB2-SWITCH2 works without drivers on any USB-enabled computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc).
The switch can connect USB 2.0/1.1-compliant devices and hubs, but to function in USB 2.0 mode, the host PC and attached device or hub both must be USB 2.0 compliant.
Not recommended for switching mass storage devices such as hard drives, flash drives, camera memory cards, etc.
USB devices that require the full 500mA of bus power provided by USB 2.0 are not recommended for use with this switch.
What's in the Box
One Plugable USB2-SWITCH2 compact USB 2.0/1.1 switch with two USB-B female ports and one USB-A female port
Two five-foot USB A/B cables for connecting two computers to the switch
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.