Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter for Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux, and Specific Android Tablets (ASIX AX88178 Chipset)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $25.00
as of 10/25/2014 12:55 EDT details
- You Save: $14.99 (37%)
- Seller:Plugable Technologies
- Platforms:Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Media:Personal Computers
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.1
- Dimensions (in):10.5 x 1.3 x 0.8
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- USB 2.0 male A to RJ45 female adapter supporting 10/100/1000 Ethernet at USB 2.0 speeds (480Mbs)
- Driverless operation with all Chromebooks, some Android Tablets (including ASUS Transformer Prime / Infinity tablets, also NVidia Shield), and Linux 3.3+
- Drivers for Mac OS X 10.6+, Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP. Not Wii compatible.
- For adding a wired network interface to a wireless-only system, replace a bad port, for higher performance, or for peer-peer use
- ASIX AX88178 Controller and Realtek RTL8211CL PHY - Jumbo packets up to 9KB on Windows. Suspend mode and remote wakeup
Add a network interface to your computer via USB. Common uses include adding wired network support to Chromebooks and Android tablets, improving speeds vs. 10/100 adapters and wireless networks, replacing a broken internal network card, adding a separately routable network interface, and transferring files peer-to-peer over Ethernet. It is not a solution for connecting a USB device like a printer to a network.
Plug into any USB 2.0 laptop or desktop currently limited to 10/100 Ethernet, and benefit from faster transfers on your Gigabit ethernet network. USB 2.0 supports theoretical speeds up to 480Mbs. In practice, most machines will see up to a doubling of network speed by moving from 100Mbs Fast Ethernet to 1000Mbs Gigabit ethernet via USB. Also works on 10/100 ethernet networks at their native speeds.
Microsoft signed 32/64-bit drivers for Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, and Win98SE. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows (MS Surface). Mac OS X 10.6+ 32/64-bit requires latest driver via download. Linux kernels prior to 3.3 require rebuild of kernel module from source. Not compatible with Tivo Series 2, or Wii.
Works using built-in drivers (no install needed) for all Google Chromebook systems running latest updates (Chrome OS), certain Android systems including ASUS Transformer Prime and Infinity convertible tablets, and systems with Linux kernel 3.3 and higher.
Included in Package
USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter with standard USB type A connector to PC and female RJ45 jack to network, Quick Install Guide, and Driver Disk for Windows and Mac.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.