NightWatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe
- List Price:
- Buy New: $22.07
as of 12/12/2013 10:06 EST details
- You Save: $12.93 (37%)
- Sales Rank:418
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Enlarged 4th
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3
- Dimensions (in):11.3 x 10.5 x 1
- Publication Date:September 12, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- New Fourth Edition
- Perfect for any beginner or advanced astronomer
- Star Charts for stargazers
- Great for telescopes and binoculars
- Hard Cover, 192 pages, 11'' x 10 3/4'' x 7/8''
Revised Fourth Edition: updated for use through 2025.
The first three editions of NightWatch sold more than 600,000 copies, making it the top-selling stargazing guide in the world for the last 20 years. The key feature of this classic title is the section of star charts that are cherished by backyard astronomers everywhere. Each new edition has outsold the previous one because of thorough revisions and additional new material.
NightWatch has been acclaimed as the best general interest introduction to astronomy. The fourth edition has improvements over the 3rd edition in every chapter, including:
- The famous charts, ideal for stargazers using a small telescope or binoculars
- A complete update of the equipment section, including computerized telescopes
- An enlarged photography section, including how-to instructions for using the new generation of digital cameras for astronomical photography, both with and without a telescope
- The tables of future solar and lunar eclipses, planetary conjunctions and planet locations, updated through 2025.
This edition includes star charts for use in the southern hemisphere. There are also dozens of new photographs throughout the book that show the latest thrilling discoveries made by current space observatories and probes.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.