The Farmer's Daughter (1947) [VHS]
- Buy New: $40.80
as of 3/8/2014 20:59 EST details
- Sales Rank:191,610
- Format:Black & White, Color, Original recording reissued, NTSC
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), Swedish (Original Language)
- Media:VHS Tape
- Running Time:97 Minutes
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):7.3 x 4.2 x 1.1
- Release Date:March 30, 1999
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Black and white VHS tape in gray clam shell case with a running time of 97 mins.
Katie Holstrom(Loretta Young), a young, headstrong Swedish girl, decides to leave the farm to pursue a nursing career in Capitol City. There, she takes a job as a maid in the Morely household, immediately winning over Congressman Glenn Morely(Joseph Cotten), his mother and their butler.
Morely runs for re-election and wins, but soon after taking office, the Congressman's colleague dies, and the party nominates a political hack named Finley to replace him. Katie is furious and tells Finley off at a rally, drawing so much attention that the rival party drafts her as its dark-horse candidate! By this time, Glenn wants Katie as his wife, not a political colleague. But there is no stopping her, as her campaign builds on her refreshing honesty and openness, the farmer's daughter takes the town by storm.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.