“For some time we’ve needed a well-researched, compelling introduction to this exciting field that focuses on the evidence. Miller delivers!” – Jeffrey Long, MD
Reports of near-death experiences (NDEs) are flooding the media with books, articles and interviews. People describe hovering over their bodies, details of their surgeries, talking with deceased relatives, and reviewing their lives in vivid detail, often while their brains should be incapable of producing rational thought or memories.
While the accounts are no doubt interesting, do they provide any solid evidence for the afterlife and the existence of God? Miller argues, in nontechnical and engaging prose, that it does indeed. He began his study doubting that NDEs provided such evidence, but found himself convinced by the weight of the evidence.
In this award-winning book, the reader will explore:
- The common naturalistic explanations for NDEs.
- Evidence that NDEs point to God and heaven.
- The results of 35 years of research into NDEs by doctors and other professionals, fully documented for those who want to study further.
- A comparison of NDEs with Christian teachings.
- Recommendations of key books, researchers, and publications for further study.
“Can we survive death? Is there a God or a heaven? Miller provides the discerning reader with ample reason to think that the answer to these all-important questions is 'yes'.” - Dr. Peter Schaefer, Senior Research Psychologist, Department of Defense