Signs and Symptoms in Family Medicine: A Literature-Based Approach, 1e
- List Price:
- Buy New: $30.74
as of 1/29/2015 15:50 EST details
- You Save: $16.21 (35%)
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):7.3 x 4.5 x 1
- Publication Date:August 31, 2011
Signs and Symptoms in Family Medicine, by Paul M. Paulman, MD et al, provides a unique evidence-based approach to diagnosis based on presenting signs. Focusing on the most common diagnoses observed in a medical practice, the book helps you "think horses, not zebras." A rating system for the sensitivity and specificity of the signs, symptoms, and diagnostic tests aids in the development of a focused and accurate differential diagnosis. This handy, take-along guide is ideal for quick reference at the bedside or a refresher while prepping for the boards.
- Confidently diagnose and treat common illnesses and conditions using an evidence-based, systematic approach. A unique ratings system indicates how frequently various symptoms and signs are associated with a particular diagnosis.
- Easily find what you need with consistently organized chapters and an at-a-glance bulleted format.
- "Think horses, not zebras" with a focus on the most frequently encountered diagnoses.
- Rule out the most serious possibilities quickly with differential diagnoses listed in descending order of severity.
- Review symptoms, signs, suggested work-up, and patient disposition for each diagnosis.
Patients present with symptoms, not diagnoses
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.