FAT Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease by Robert H. Lustig (Dec 27, 2012) (FAT CHANCE)
- Buy New: $16.20
as of 1/31/2015 09:19 EST details
- Sales Rank:1,529,310
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Published)
- Publication Date:2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Also Available In:
- Paperback - Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease
- Paperback - Fat Chance
- Hardcover - Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease
- Audible Audio Edition - Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease
- Kindle Edition - Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease
- Paperback - Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar by Lustig. Dr. Robert ( 2013 ) Paperback
- Paperback - Fat Chance Pb
Robert Lustig's 90-minute YouTube video "Sugar: The Bitter Truth", has been viewed more than two million times. Now, in this much anticipated book, he documents the science and the politics that has led to the pandemic of chronic disease over the last 30 years.
In the late 1970s when the government mandated we get the fat out of our food, the food industry responded by pouring more sugar in. The result has been a perfect storm, disastrously altering our biochemistry and driving our eating habits out of our control.
To help us lose weight and recover our health, Lustig presents personal strategies to readjust the key hormones that regulate hunger, reward, and stress; and societal strategies to improve the health of the next generation. Compelling, controversial, and completely based in science, Fat Chance debunks the widely held notion to prove "a calorie is NOT a calorie", and takes that science to its logical conclusion to improve health worldwide.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.