Children of Paradise (Criterion Collection)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $15.31
as of 7/24/2014 09:35 EDT details
- You Save: $14.64 (49%)
- Sales Rank:102,046
- Format:Multiple Formats, Black & White, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Subtitled), French (Original Language)
- Running Time:190 Minutes
- Rating:NR (Not Rated)
- Edition:The Criterion Collection
- Aspect Ratio:1.77:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):7.1 x 5.4 x 0.6
- Release Date:September 18, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Brand Name: IMG Mfg#: 715515098410
- Shipping Weight: 0.35 lbs
- All music products are properly licensed and guaranteed authentic.
Poetic realism reached sublime heights with Children of Paradise (Les enfants du paradis), widely considered one of the greatest French films of all time. This nimble depiction of nineteenth-century Paris’s theatrical demimonde, filmed during World War II, follows a mysterious woman (The Pearls of the Crown’s Arletty) loved by four different men (all based on historical figures): an actor, a criminal, a count, and, most poignantly, a street mime (La ronde’s Jean-Louis Barrault, in a longing-suffused performance for the ages). With sensitivity and dramatic élan, director Marcel Carné (Port of Shadows) and screenwriter Jacques Prévert (Le jour se lève) resurrect a world teeming with hucksters and aristocrats, thieves and courtesans, pimps and seers. Thanks to a major new restoration, this iconic classic looks and sounds richer and more detailed than ever.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.