From the publishers of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World
"A Tourist's Best Friend!"
—The New York Times
Five Great Features and Benefits offered ONLY by The Unofficial Guide:
- More than 100 cruise lines and 500 ships reviewed and ranked for value and quality
- Complete details on cruise lines, ships, and itineraries around the world
- Industry secrets for getting the lowest possible fare, plus extras like free vacation days
- Everything you need to know to make planning your cruise vacation fun and easy
- Helpful hints for getting the best cabin—without breaking your bank account
This winner of the Lowell Thomas award for Best New Guidebook is for travelers who want to step behind the scenes of the world's top cruise lines. In keeping with the Unofficial Guide philosophy, this book pulls no punches as it reports on the nitty-gritty details of more than 120 cruise lines and 350 ships, ranking each for value and quality. The authors reveal industry secrets for getting the lowest possible fares, share helpful hints for getting the cabin you want most at a price you can afford, and give strategies for booking hassle-free air connections, making the most of your time and money on board, and figuring out who your fellow passengers will be.
The Unofficial Guide to Cruises: 1999 is a great resource for tried-and-true cruise passengers, those new to cruising, and those wanting to try something fresh on their next cruise vacation. --Kathryn True