Everything Is Perfect When You're a Liar
- Sales Rank:87,256
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:April 2, 2013
Kelly Oxford has been one of the most hysterical voices on the Internet since it was still a series of tubes. In 1997, she began sharing stories of her life as a young wife and mother on a Geocities page, then on an anonymous blog, then on a MySpace account; eventually she found her métier in the widely followed Tumblr blog Eject and in her raucous, often filthy, always hilarious Twitter feed, which has garnered 315,000 followers and adds 500 to 2,000 more each day. There is no mistaking Kelly’ s voice:
- “ Something people in McDonalds have? Fries. Something people in McDonalds don’ t have? Ankles.”
- “ Caught 2 yr old chewing on a corn kernel she found in her shoe; looks like my husband doesn’ t need that paternity test after all!”
- “ When my dog smells someone’ s crotch I say, ‘ Sorry, she’ s one of those cancer smelling dogs.’ ”
- “ Had my son’ s hearing tested because he’ s always yelling. Turns out he’ s just an asshole.”
Straight-talking and riotously funny, Kelly Oxford has a knack for seeing the hilarity in the everyday. Now, Kelly has written a side-splitting book of essays that shine her blindingly sardonic light on life as she sees it.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.