Stargazing With Binoculars
- Buy New: $20.79
as of 8/30/2014 20:22 EDT details
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Seller:-Daily Deals-
- Sales Rank:1,919,722
- Format:Bargain Price
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Second Edition, Updated and Revised
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):7.7 x 5 x 0.6
- Publication Date:January 6, 2011
"A serious contender for the title of best all-around introduction to binocular astronomy."
-- Sky and Telescope (on the first edition)
Stargazing with Binoculars is a practical guide to using binoculars to view the night sky for newcomers to astronomy. The book includes reviews of the wide range of binoculars on the market and provides advice on features to consider before making a purchase. The authors guide the beginner through the first steps of using binoculars to observe the night sky, describe what will be visible and show how to find specific objects.
This new edition has been thoroughly updated to incorporate the latest technological developments in binoculars. Illustrated throughout and filled with handy tips and tricks, it covers:
- What to expect from binoculars and how they actually work
- Buying binoculars for the first time
- Upgrading after the first purchase
- Observing the sun, the moon, planets, comets, asteroids, stars, clusters, variable stars, double stars, novas, nebulas and galaxies
- The effects of light pollution
- Observing from the city and from the countryside
Stargazing with Binoculars is a practical, easy-to-read handbook for newcomers to astronomy -- whatever their age.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.