For Whom the Bell Tolls.
- Buy New: $2.48
as of 12/8/2013 05:07 EST details
- Seller:Switzer Books
- Sales Rank:1,651,997
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Edition:Trade Paperback Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):7.9 x 5.2 x 1
- Publication Date:1968
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- States First Scribner Paperback Fiction Edition 1995, but 12 is the lowest in the number line. Published by Scribner Paperback Fiction, an imprint of Simon and Schuster, Inc.
tells the story of Robert Jordan, a young American in the International Brigades attached to a republican guerrilla unit during the Spanish Civil War. As a dynamiter, he is assigned to blow up a bridge during an attack on the city of Segovia. Hemingway biographer Jeffrey Meyers writes that the novel is regarded as one of Hemingway's best works, along with The Sun Also Rises, The Old Man and the Sea, and A Farewell to Arms.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.