A Christmas Carol (Illustrated) (Top Five Classics Book 4)
- Sales Rank:123,621
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:April 21, 2014
This Top Five Classics edition of Dickens’s immortal classic, A CHRISTMAS CAROL, features:
• All of the full-color illustrations by John Leech for the original 1843 publication
• Another 20 b&w woodcut engravings by Sol Eytinge Jr. from the 1869 American edition by Ticknor & Fields
• The original, unabridged text, carefully proofed and formatted for Kindle
• An introduction, author bio and bibliography
Ebenezer Scrooge, a miserly old curmudgeon who spurns Christmas as a “humbug,” is given the chance to redeem himself through the intervention of four Spirits on Christmas Eve. If reading Dickens’s most beloved story doesn't put you in the true spirit of Christmas, you may be beyond redemption.
As Scrooge’s nephew Fred says, “I have always thought of Christmas time...as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.”
Or as Tiny Tim put it more succinctly, “God bless us every one!”
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.